Skills: Laborer, NDT Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Mississauga, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Corrpro Canada is looking for a seasonal Construction Labourer to join our team in Ontario from September- December 2016. The Construction Labourer is responsible for installing materials for corrosion protection projects.
Corrpro Canada, a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is Canada's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure. For more details, visit www.corrpro.ca.
• Will install materials for cathodic protection installation construction service projects
• Review field file with foreman and/or project manager to understand job requirements for materials and installation
• Notify construction foreman of unanticipated field changes and suggest possible alternatives
• Participate in weekly toolbox safety meetings and document equipment safety inspection audits
• Document deficiencies in safety practices/equipment to the construction foreman
• Operate and maintain company vehicles and equipment safely at all times
• Report vehicle and equipment maintenance requirements to construction foreman
• Additional duties as assigned
• Six (6) months of outdoor construction experience
• Able to travel including significant overnight travel and over time on a regular basis
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
• Must have a Class G Driver's License with clean Driver's Abstract
• Preference given to A/ Z License Drivers
• Equipment operating experience is an asset
• Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and medical testing
• NACE Cathodic Protection Certification an asset
• Able to effectively communicate with both customers and fellow employees
• Able to adjust to work-related demands without becoming frustrated
• Demonstrate conscientiousness and dependability to produce results
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce.
Every day, people’s lives and livelihoods depend on the operation of pipelines, refineries and other infrastructure related to the production of energy.
At Aegion, we are in the business of making sure these structures last. Our companies provide services and solutions to protect, strengthen and maintain them —inside and out — before, during and after their construction.
Aegion companies are leaders and innovators in Corrosion Protection and Energy Services. This includes everything from cathodic protection on pipelines to maintenance at refineries nationwide. Contact Aegion today to learn more about our companies or how to join our team of infrastructure professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.