Skills: Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Student / Recent Grad
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Edmonton, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Corrpro Canada, an Aegion Corporation company, is Canada's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro Canada has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure.
An engineering student with a strong materials/metallurgical/chemical or electrical background.
- Willing to gain practical experience in cathodic protection and corrosion control by assisting in field testing / survey's and installation work under direction of a Project Engineer or Technical Manager
- Field work assignments vary and may include 5 to 10 day durations including travel throughout British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan.
- Gather structure-to-soil potential data, soil measurements and rectifier data
- Proficiency with computer software (MicrosoftWord and Excel)
- Excellent report writing skills
An engineering student either in 2 nd , 3 rd or 4 th year. Materials, Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical students would be considered
- An interest in expanding knowledge of Corrosion & Cathodic Protection
- Computer skills and some experience with modeling
- Fluid and proficient in writing
- Willing to travel and work for 5 to 10 days at a time throughout British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Alberta
- Able to complete field work(including work away from home office base)
- Willingness to work overtime with light field work
- Class 5 driver's license (non-GDL) with clean driving record
The following are considered a strong asset:
- Enjoy a mixture of working outdoors and in the office
- Taken any Materials corrosion or electrochemistry courses
- Have previous work experience with pipeline or oil and gas companies
- Knowledge of pipeline industry standards