Skills: Budget / Cost Control, NDT Technician, Project Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Edmonton, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Corrpro is looking for experienced Project Manager - Cathodic Protection to join our team in Edmonton, AB.
Corrpro Canada, an Aegion company, is Canada's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure.
The Project Manager is responsible for the completion of cathodic protection design, installation, commissioning and maintenance for large scale pipeline and oilfield projects ($1 - 2M annually). The successful candidate will manage and coordinate a variety of personnel, subcontractors and equipment for each project. Additionally, the Project Manager is responsible for achieving the local office's annual revenue & profit goals for the operations in the region.
- Plan and coordinate multiple projects of extended duration.
- Oversee the assignment of work to approximately 3 to 5 staff members to effectively utilize resources and meet commitments to customers.
- Assist with the review of all customer contracts, purchase orders, and work authorizations regarding proposed scope of work, customer expectation, and project objectives.
- Monitor operations personnel to ensure they are using the most appropriate methods and procedures to meet the requirements established with customers.
- Work within allotted time constraints to complete project deliverables.
- Spot check data, generate reports, and ensure all project documentation is technically correct and meets the Company's minimum performance standards.
- Ensure that monthly invoices are accurately prepared and submitted to customers.
- Assist in the analysis of the monthly Job Cost Report for individual projects and ensure budget goals are met.
- Assist with new capital expense requirements during the preparation of each fiscal year's budget.
- Participate in meetings with clients.
- Direct customer service and follow-up efforts to assure continuing conformance of projects to all requirements, including but not limited to customer requirements, testing requirements, cost and profitability requirements, and growth requirements for assigned engineering accounts.
- Contact customer monthly to maintain open communication of job schedule.
- Develop, organize and maintain engineering specifications / standards by consolidating and assimilating best operating practices.
- 3+ years' experience in a project management role in the Oil & Gas service sector
- 7+ years' experience in the Oil & Gas service sector
- NACE Cathodic Protection Technician (CP2) Certification
- NACE Cathodic Protection Technologist (CP3) or Specialist (CP4) would be considered an asset
- Bachelor Degree or Technical Diploma in Engineering or related field
- Professional standing with APEGA or ASET is required (or eligible to apply)
- Project management training would be considered an asset
- PMP would be considered an asset
- Prior direct or indirect supervisory experience would be considered an asset
- Adjust to work-related demands in a fast paced environment