Skills: Construction Manager, Construction Superintendent
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Orland Park, IL, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Insituform Technologies, LLC, is looking for an experienced General Superintendent Supporting our Orland Park, IL office.
Insituform Technologies LLC, an Aegion Company, is a leading worldwide provider of cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) and other technologies and services for the rehabilitation of pipeline systems. Insituform's businesses consist of sewer, drinking water, and energy and mining pipeline rehabilitation and protection. The company provides cost-effective solutions to remediate operational, health, regulatory and environmental problems resulting from aging and defective pipelines. Insituform's technologies allow its customers to avoid the extraordinary expense and extreme disruption that can result from traditional "dig and replace" methods.
The General Superintendent will supervise and facilitate the construction phase of projects by directly managing multiple Insituform crews and sub-contractors while providing oversight for production, safety, quality, and training.
- Ensure quantities are verified; traffic plans and bypass plans properly completed; verifies site conditions and ensures critical site details are documented through project management system
- Ensure construction execution complies with plans and specifications.
- Attend the pre-construction meetings
- Ensure materials and equipment for the project are planned for and delivered on time
- Critical documents, local rules and permits are complete, delivered and/or posted
- Ensure that utility locations are identified for crews and sub-contractors
- Ensure that work and quantities completed are verified with Foreman and Sub-contractors
- Monitor and communicate changes in the scope of a project and opportunities for additional revenue or cost savings to the Field Engineer, Project Manager, or General Manager
- In collaboration with the Project Manager, communicate the work schedule to the customer as required; supervise sub-contractors and vendors on the Project Site
- In collaboration with Superintendents, notify residents of work schedules, ensure all pre and post videos and samples are acquired and processed, and ensure the processing of crew and sub-contractor logs, safety documents, tap cutting documents, etc.
- Work with customers, crews and sub-contractors to resolve operational and technical issues and challenges
- Perform job surveys for estimating and sales as required
- Enforce company safety regulations, SOPs and quality standards
- High School diploma or equivalent required, bachelor's degree desired
- More than 5 years related industry experience; water or sewer utility experience preferred
- Experience managing 5-6 direct reports and multiple crews, in multiple locations preferred
- Commercial driver's license with required endorsements preferred
- Must have strong Excel and Word skills
- Solid communication skills and the ability to troubleshoot problems quickly
- Up to 10% overnight travel is required
Insituform Technologies, LLC offers Competitive Salary with a full benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, paid Vacation and Holiday time, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, and much more, as well as the opportunity for growth within an expanding worldwide company.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Every day, people’s lives and livelihoods depend on the operation of pipelines, refineries and other infrastructure related to the production of energy.
At Aegion, we are in the business of making sure these structures last. Our companies provide services and solutions to protect, strengthen and maintain them —inside and out — before, during and after their construction.
Aegion companies are leaders and innovators in Corrosion Protection and Energy Services. This includes everything from cathodic protection on pipelines to maintenance at refineries nationwide. Contact Aegion today to learn more about our companies or how to join our team of infrastructure professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.