Skills: Legal, PR / Corporate Communications, Regulatory Compliance
Other Skills: Political Science, Economics
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Denver, CO, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow?- A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you-re looking for.
Responsible for all facets of regulatory management and strategy. This position must anticipate, design and implement a legislative and regulatory framework to support corporate environmental and financial objectives; including earning a reasonable rate of return and ensuring timely cost recovery. Responsible for managing political and regulatory operations and developments, directing regulatory proceedings, overseeing the administration of regulatory rules and procedures, and compliance. Represents the company at regulatory matters including proceedings as a policy witness.
- Anticipate, develop and ensure effective implementation of a regulatory program that meets the needs of a jurisdiction and allows the company to earn its rate of return and meet its financial objectives.
- Direct all aspects of regulatory filings for electric, gas, and steam services needed to accomplish jurisdictional objectives. Ensures a jurisdictional-specific evaluation of case issues, case strategies regulatory filings and implementation of regulatory case outcomes. Prepare supporting testimony and serve as expert witness in regulatory filings.
- Work with business areas to develop and implement legislative & regulatory strategies to advance the company and jurisdictional agenda and priorities, anticipate and plan for changes in regulation and the market place, position the company for financial integrity and meeting environmental goals, establish strategies for infrastructure renewal and modernization, resource plans, marketing and customer programs, implementing legislative proposals, coalition building, identifying and preparing witnesses, testimony, educating internal and external audiences regarding issues, negotiate resolution of issues with policy makers and stakeholders.
- Policy management; Advise and consult with executive management to develop positions on energy and other public policy issues, help promote consistent policy across jurisdictions; develop appropriate plans to advance jurisdictional policy goals to meet the needs of customers and the company given changing technologies and economics.
- Keep executive management and internal stakeholders apprised of political, regulatory, and policy trends, threats and opportunities, keep them apprised of progress and outcomes regarding legislative priorities, Keep legislators informed of company and jurisdictional policy issues and priorities, help them address constituent concerns, interact with media on government affairs matters as appropriate.
- Manage, direct and supervise regulatory staff and contractors to ensure effective representation in pursuing the company's regulatory, legislative and policy objectives, ensure knowledge of compliance with corporate code of conduct and other applicable ethical corporate guidelines.
- Budget management, create and manage regulatory budget covering all jurisdictional activities.
- BA/BS degree in Political Science, Business, Engineering or Economics or related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years business experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in regulatory or related field with a strong understanding of regulatory processes and procedures.
- Strong organizational, communication, leadership and management experience is essential.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- CO - Denver