Skills: Barge Engineer, Barge Master
Other Skills: Project Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Mobile, AL, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Primarily responsibility is to operate and control the FPS ballast control system, ensuring the proper, position, draught and trim of the FPS during changes in variable load and during periods of extreme loop current events. Secondary, responsibility to oversee all routine hull / marine systems and marine safety system (lifeboats etc.) maintenance and inspections.
EDUCATIONAL and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum of 3 years offshore experience on any OCS facilit Fixed Platform, Floating Production Systems, i.e. SPARS and Semisubmersible FPS's. Good working knowledge of ballast control system principles, system operations and stability control.
Must be able to complete stability course for MODU within 1 year of hire.
Must be able to complete stability course for Passive Ballast FOI (Unit Specific) within 1 year of hire.
Must show certificate from USCG-approved courses for Offshore Survival (survival suit & craft), First Aid & CPR, and Firefighting.
TYPICAL MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Personally responsible for own safety and to actively participate in company safety culture, by adhering to safety policies and procedures.
* Operate & maintain the ballast control system in the ballast control room (ballast control console).
Inspect and perform all maintenance activities on the ballast control system and ensure routine maintenance and inspections are carried out as per the approved Maximo (CMMS) maintenance routines.
Maintain proper ballasting and de-ballasting of the FPS as and when required.
Responsible for all marine related aspects of the facility i.e. maintaining stability and watertight integrity, management of variable deck loads
* Operate & Maintain the Hull and Mooring and all related systems including Hull Integrity, surface corrosion program, maintain CMMS system and log all activities related to the hull and mooring.
* Responsible for the operation and maintenance of the export systems i.e. pipeline pigging, pipeline corrosion chemicals, CMMS
* Responsible for the measurements of Oil & Gas and generate the required reports
* Monitor anchor leg tension readings and report excursions over the approve limits.
* Monitor alarms on all marine system.
* Compile and review daily stability report
* Responsible for all inspection and maintenance requirements on marine safety systems including life boats
* Ensure proper record keeping of all maintenance and inspections being performed onboard the FPS, for future reference and for inspection and Audits by any regulatory authority
* Participate in JSA reviews and ensure all marine activities are executed in a safe and reliable manner
* Use companies Management of Change procedures (MOC)
* Management and execution of Marine equipment regulatory inspections, testing and documentation in compliance with current regulatory requirements.
* Provide support for the development and coordination of the in service inspection plan for the hull and mooring systems
* Advise the OIM of any marine issues
* Participate in emergency response plan and drills
* Follow HESS Permit to work system
* Generate the daily ship log for the OIM
* Participate in daily production meeting onboard
* Maintain hull and mooring operating and maintenance procedures
Crosby Energy Services blends proven best practices with innovative processes to deliver the highest quality employees and finest support services to the oil and gas industry. We embrace a value-driven culture of safety and the very highest ethical standards.
Contract Energy Professionals
Since 1992, Crosby Energy Services has been providing the oil and gas industry the best qualified contract energy professionals and consultants at competitive rates. Our training and employment pre-screening programs are among the best in the industry and allow us to streamline your hiring processes and hand-pick the best and the brightest in the industry. Our contract personnel include:
• Onshore and Offshore Production Operators
• Plant Operators
• Instrumentation and Electrical Technicians
• Specialized Consultants
• Safety Professionals
• Pipeline Personnel
• Equipment Operators
• Skilled Labor
• Maritime Personnel
• Clerical Personnel