Skills: Architect, IT - Programming & Database, IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Schlumberger has an opening in Houston, Texas for an IBM ODM Lead Architect. This individual is responsible for supporting the IBM ODM Platform being used by the Competency IT Project. Support activities include system administrator tasks, rules authoring, XOM/BOM management, rules packaging and deployment.This candidate will also collaborate with the entire Competency Team (IT Project Manager, Business Process Manager, SMEs, Project Team members as well as Segment Competency Development Managers across the business) in order to meet assigned project goals.
The candidate may work on any of the following:
- Responsibility for the analysis and implementation of Business Rules/Requirements into IBM ODM Rules
- Responsible for Rules Harvesting, Authoring, Packaging and Deployment
- Ownership of the BOM/XOM
- Responsible for the ODM Architecture platform and provide Technical Assistance for Competency Management
- Work with project team in developing solutions and process orchestration based around the IBM ODM infrastructure
- Implement large integration and back-end ODM projects
- Establish comprehensive ODM integration development guidelines
- Create and promote best practices within the ODM group
- Contribute to identifying best-fit architectural solutions for several projects using IBM ODM
- Provide regular support/guidance to project teams on complex coding.
- Issue resolution.
- Collaborate with the users to create and implement innovative high quality solutions based on business needs.
- Control the flow of process execution, decision making and exception management across multiple organizational roles and systems/applications
- Proactively monitor ODM process execution and perform performance tuning
- Develop integration to other vendor software products leveraged by organization using different integration technologies/techniques
- Minimum 5 - 7 years professional experience in IBM ODM Suite (ODM Rules Engine v8.7, Decision Server v 8.7).
- At least 7-10 years of experience in software development
- At least 5 years of experience in technology consulting, enterprise and solutions architecture and architectural frameworks
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with relational databases (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server)
- At least 6 years of experience in project execution
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive an independent IBM ODM project from an architectural stand point
- Experience in Rules Harvesting, Authoring, Packaging and Deployment
- Strong background in JAVA Script programming language
- Experience with integration of ODM with other front end systems
- Strong background in agile methodologies.
- Experience working with Rules Designer, Decision Center and rules Execution Server
- Experience supervising and working with medium to large project teams
- Experience in managing Onsite-offshore team
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
- Knowledge of Oilfield terminology and business practices
- Ability to work in global distributed setting
- Self-driven, Proactive, Systems Thinking
- International exposure
- Oil & Gas industry exposure
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.