Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Salary: TBD upon experience
Location: Arlington, TX, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
NorthStar Energy Services offers engineering, procurement, project management, construction management, and consulting solutions to clients in the energy, petrochemical, agriculture, pharmaceutical and process industries. Our clients include oil & gas processing and transportation, refining, chemical, polymers, and industrial gases companies.
NorthStar has offices in Houston, Texas, Arlington, Texas and Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Our core employees have worked together for more than fifteen years, executing and managing projects around the country. Our team of professionals, from junior engineers to senior technical experts, has experience in applicable process technologies, program management, conceptual and design engineering, construction management, commissioning and start-up.
The Grand Prairie, TX location, focuses on Engineering and Project Management in oil & gas industry. We do detail engineering for Midstream companies on Pipelines, Pumps, Compressor & Meter Stations, Tank Farms, Gas Plants, and Dehydration Units.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - to provide general electrical design for oil and gas transportation and processing facilities.
- Develop electrical design deliverables such as electrical site plans, conduit plans, wiring diagrams, one-line diagrams, control diagrams, motor schematics, PLC layout / termination drawings, wire schedules, lighting panel schedules, electrical equipment installation details, etc.
- Participate in internal and client meetings to develop project requirements, define delivery schedules, and report progress.
- Perform sizing, selection, and specification of electrical components and instrumentation.
- Prepare cost and resource estimates.
- Evaluate equipment and construction bids.
- Ensure detailed electrical engineering meets design specifications, codes and engineering standards.
- Interface as necessary with Company engineering and project management, drafting, purchasing, as well as outside consultant engineering firms, inspection, and operations personnel.
- Provide input toward the continuous improvement of Company engineering standards and specifications.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum of 7 years relevant experience in detailed electrical design for petroleum facilities.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate effectively with a wide range of technical, analytical and managerial personnel.
- Willing to travel to the job site and meet with clients and construction personnel as necessary to scope the project and collect information for design.
- Experienced in handling multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to read, understand and develop control loop drawings, P & IDs, and electrical schematics.
- Have a broad knowledge of industry standards ( NEC, ISA, API, IEEE, NFPA, IEC, etc.).
Desirable Skills and Experience (Not Required):
- EPC experience.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Experience with the design of low and medium voltage electrical power distribution systems and motor control centers.
- Experience with engineering software design tools and electrical modeling program (SKM, ETAP, etc.) for use in conducting power studies, short circuit calculations, coordination studies, and arc flash calculations.
Quanta Services safely provides engineering, procurement and construction services for comprehensive infrastructure needs in the electric power and oil and natural gas industries. With a workforce tens of thousands strong and offices across North America and abroad, Quanta is the premier provider in the industries it serves. Through a team of electric power and oil and gas service companies, Quanta Services is the complete solution.