Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. John's, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Dovre Canada Limited is currently looking for a Ready for Operations Lead
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
Muskrat Falls, Newfoundland, Canada
Duration: 1 year
Full Time Project Based employment.
The Day pay rate will be in the range of $950 - $1050 with Health and Dental benefits provided by Dovre Canada Limited. A monthly Living out Allowance and Travel Allowance may be applicable.
With accountability residing with the Ready for Operation Manager, the incumbent will provide commissioning and ready for operation leadership and direction throughout the procurement and execution phases (procurement and construction) of the Muskrat Falls, Labrador Transmission Assets, and Labrador-Island Transmission Link. This will be a permanent, contractual position with health and dental benefits provided to the incumbent.
In particular, the incumbent will be responsible to ensure the commissioning and readiness for operation aspects of the Lower Churchill Project meet or exceed the client's expectations, and are aligned with industry recommended practice. In the coordination of the RFO scope, the incumbent will interface extensively with the various members of the Project delivery teams and operations ready for integration and asset management teams.
The incumbent will lead the overall commissioning and equipment / systems Turnover effort for the Project.
The duties and job functions of the RFO Lead shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Provide guidance on the requirement of the overall integrated commissioning sequence and schedule, with particular focus on HVdc aspects.
· Participate with the operations & project Technical Integration Committee and provide guidance based upon past project experience.
· Take leadership for development of the Turnover to operations processes and procedure.
· Participate in the development of mechanical completion and handover processes and procedure.
· Provide support and guidance to the project delivery teams for HVdc converter and Synchronous condenser contracts.
· Finalize the development of the plan, roles and responsibilities for the RFO site teams.
· Participate in the review of HVdc Specialities EPC contracts document deliverables, with a particular focus on static and dynamic commissioning, grid energisation, system integration testing and performance testing procedures.
· Lead the selection, hiring, training and deployment of the RFO site teams.
· Participate in the development of integrated system testing plans and procedures.
· Provide support and guidance to component Completion Coordinators in development, reviews and approval of the completions plans, procedures and schedules prepared by EPCs and contractors with respect to system completions activities.
· Participate in the development and implement a Readiness process for key milestones to monitor and ensure the readiness of people, processes and systems for critical project milestones and key dates.
· Coordinate RFO activities with the component construction teams and the operations ready for Integration and asset management teams.
· Lead the development of safe work practices for energisation and commissioning activities.
· Participate in the development of an RFO emergency response plan and specific health and safety procedures.
· Ensure the implementation and compliance with the project environmental protection plan for the RFO scope.
· Graduation from a recognized university with a Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
· 10 to 15 years successful experience on delivery of major packages for large utility projects, in technical as well as project management and commissioning roles.
· Experience in the guidance and leadership of multiple site teams on a multibillion dollar project as a Commissioning Lead.
· Experience in developing and implementing processes & procedures to provide oversight and surveillance of EPC contracts for HVdc converter, synchronous condenser, terminal station, generation and transmission.
· Extensive experience of electrical utilities including HVdc converters.
· Experience of isolated electrical grid systems an advantage.
· Possess an excellent and demonstrated safety and environmental record.
· Must be willing to move to Labrador site if and when required to do so.
· Excellent leadership and communication skills.
· Must possess proven project management skills combined with sound judgement and decision making skills.
· Strong and effective communicator, with solid technical writing capability.
· Demonstrated leadership capability.
· Proven interpersonal, leadership and team skills.
· Solution oriented and demonstrated creative thinking.
· Must be able to work in a collaborative/supportive manner with stakeholders.
Dovre Group provides competent and experienced project management and engineering professionals for large projects, for example in the energy industry, in particular the oil and gas industry, the infrastructure, mining and construction industry. With our expertise and over 30 years’ of experience, we help leading organizations to successfully manage and engineer their projects.
Dovre Group operates globally from its main hubs in Norway, Singapore, Canada, United States, United Arab Emirates, Finland, Russia, South Korea and Sweden. We aim to be the most attractive employer in the industry offering exciting career opportunities around the world.