Skills: Corrosion Engineering, Electrical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Edmonton, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Corrpro Canada is looking for temporary new graduate Corrosion Engineers in Training (EITs) to join our team in Edmonton, AB.
Corrpro Canada, an Aegion Company, is Canada's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure.
As an EIT with Corrpro Canada, you will gain knowledge and experience in a niche industry through a mix of field and office work. This experience will open up the doors for the many different career opportunities that Corrpro Canada has to offer you!
- Conduct various field tests to gather data for evaluation purposes
- Complete minor repairs as required
- Monitor construction activities for adherence to design specifications under supervision of senior engineer
- Conduct post-installation surveys, complete interference testing and energize rectifier systems
- Organize and reduce data gathered, prepare charts and tables
- Assemble field data for preparation of final client report including service recommendations
- Diagnose and recommend remedies for system difficulties observed during survey operations
- Recommend modifications to senior personnel for approval
- Assist senior personnel in the preparation of survey and design reports and final job reports
- Provide maintenance of field test equipment, ensure good operation condition and render minor repairs
- Correspond and verbally communicate in a professional manner with customers
- Represent Corrpro in a professional manner, with a high degree of respect for all existing and potential customers
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Materials, Metallurgical, or Electrical Engineering preferred
- EIT status preferred
- NACE CP1 certification an asset
- Exposure to cathodic protection an asset
- Previous field work experience an asset
- Proficiency with computer software tools (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Able to travel and work overtime on an as needed basis
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Class 5 driver's license (non-GDL) or equivalent, with acceptable driving record
- Experience operating quads and snowmobiles an asset
- Safety tickets such as First Aid, CSTS, H2S, WHMIS an asset
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug and medical testing required
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada