Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Dickinson, ND, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
The desired candidate will have successful experience in state/federal stormwater and SPCC programs including BMP design and installation, inspection programs, WOTUS, reclamation practices, spill reporting, site investigation, and remediation. The desired candidate has experience with air permitting negotiations, Title V permitting, NSPS OOOO, Sub Part W Green House Gas reporting, NESHAPS, air emission calculations/inventories, LDAR programs, etc.- Experience specific to the Bakken regulatory scheme (NDIC, NDDOH, BLM, BIA, etc.) is highly preferred. Must be willing to live and work in the wonderful State of North Dakota.
The successful candidate will be charged with providing environmental support to assist the Asset Team in complying with federal, state and local environmental regulations. -The candidate will work closely with management, operations and other HES professionals to clearly define environmental issues and develop cost-effective solutions. -The HES professional must be able to effectively interact with agency representatives to secure permits and resolve compliance issues. Experience with a variety of environmental topics is preferred.
- Provide support on a variety of state/federal/tribal compliance issues.
- Responsible for understanding/interpreting/implementing regulations and corporate programs; and implementing internal compliance procedures.
- Responsible for preparing permit applications, negotiating with agencies on permit conditions, monitoring compliance, preparing routine reports and emergency notifications. -Works with agencies on routine inspections and action items.
- Reviews incident reports and makes necessary notifications to Corporate and/or regulatory agencies. -Also responsible for participating on HES audits and prep work.
- Supports local emergency response efforts as part of the Incident Command System.
- Responsible for preparing and providing training to operations personnel on environmental issues as needed.
- Responsible for project management, including the development of requests for bid proposals, work orders and field supervision of contractors.
- Represents Marathon Oil Company at trade association and professional organization meetings.
- Sets an example of living our values by participating in safety meetings, behavior based safety program, diversity awareness opportunities and other activities.
- Travel throughout the Bakken Asset including periodic trips to other Marathon locations.
- Bachelors degree-required
- Environmental Sciences or Engineering major preferred.
- Computer Proficiencies: Microsoft Office Suite, air modeling software (i.e. - Air Mod, HySis, E&P Tanks, etc.) - preferred
- 2-5 years air permitting experience required and/or SPCC and stormwater program management in oil and gas industry experience preferred
-Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
MARATHON OIL – WHY WORK FOR US?
Deciding where to pursue a career often comes down to intangibles.
Do the employees look forward to coming to work each day -- are they given rewarding opportunities, do they work well together? Are employees empowered to bring their skills and knowledge forward -- is the corporate culture nurturing, are life experiences and diversity valued? What is the attitude toward the broader community -- health, safety and the environment?
Marathon can answer those intangible questions affirmatively in our employee's own words, proving that Marathon is a world class energy company with much more to offer at the end of the day than just high performance stats and market prowess -- though we enjoy those too. If you are starting out in a career, consider the places your experience at Marathon could take you -- without having to leave Marathon. Career growth and job satisfaction is why Marathon places such an emphasis on mentoring -- talented people can build a career here.
If you are an experienced professional who wants to continue your growth to reach full potential, this could be the place for you. The benefits are not intangible, but competitive and attractive -- a dollars and sense reason to contact Marathon.
Marathon Oil Awards & Accolades
- Top 500 Green Companies, Newsweek, 2009
- Barron's 500, Barron's, 2009
- World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune, 2008
- Top 200 of the Global 2000, Forbes, 2008
- The Houston Chronicle 100, The Houston Chronicle, 2008