Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Sugar Land, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Cloud software engineers design and implement cutting edge solutions on cloud infrastructures, handling challenges ranging from data storage and access, parallel computations and data multitenancy (when data must be segregated between clients). Successful Cloud software engineers have experience in programing public clouds, such as Google Cloud, Azure and AWS and also in understanding the latest front end technologies. The cloud software engineer perform well as part of a multidisciplinary team that is responsible for implementing the cloud solution for our clients and our internal services. The Cloud Software Engineer is adaptable and consistently reaches the highest standards in a rapidly changing. fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Project Manager.
- Assists in identifying and organizing requirements and producing specifications.
- Builds prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and sets up and runs lab simulations.
- Develops and executes unit tests to ensure and maintain source code quality.
- Shares expertise throughout the organization and may provide user training for products.
- Evaluates engineering approaches and risks to produce development plans that ensure high quality, low cost products and systems.
- Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- Authors technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations when needed.
- Participates in relevant project technical reviews and audits.
- Reviews, mentors and coaches, while defining and promoting use of standards, best practices and lessons learned.
- Works with end users, Product analysts, and developers to understand features and technical implementations.
- Adheres to all standards of confidentiality and security.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art computer technology, equipment, and systems; participates in professional development activities as appropriate.
- Applies and complies with the project development process as defined by the Project Manager.
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent industrial experiences) / Master’s / PhD degree in science or engineering with software experience or education.
- Programming experience with public clouds such as Google Cloud, Azure and AWS.
Demonstrable experience of:
- Public key infrastructure and Digital certificate.
- PaaS for storage, compute and applications.
- User management, security and identity management.
- Hadoop ecosystems.
- Front end web technologies.
- OpenStack technology.
- Understanding of business strategy.
- Presentation skills.
- Project management.
- Quality management.
- Process implementation and improvement.
Production Service Engineering (PSE) is part of the Schlumberger Software Technology organization, responsible for leading the Schlumberger digital technology initiatives. As the oil and gas industry’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry’s digital technology transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor—priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.