Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Location: Houston Technology Center, Houston, TX, US
Houston Technology Center is looking for a highly motivated Visualization Engineer who has the passion to develop, extend and maintain our core visualization foundation which enables highly interactive and cutting-edge 2D/3D scientific visualizations tools. Successful Visualization Engineers drive the current and future technical solution of the applications and communicates the architecture vision of the product. This position will report to the Project Manager.
- Collaborates effectively with a team of Engineers, Quality Assurance and Project Manager.
- Develops and promotes architecture that meets the sort and long term functional and quality requirements.
- Promotes good separation of concerns among components and protects the integrity of the architecture design.
- Coordinates design and integrity among component elements as they are being developed; recognize when interface impacts might occur and takes early action to avoid problems.
- Is involved in the corrective feedback loop (design/code reviews, auditing).
- Guides the testing efforts for all visualization tools. Unit test (NUnit, MSTest).
- Works closely with Usability & UX designers on user experience concept ideation and implementation.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, or Computer Engineering with more than 5 years of experience, specialization in Computer Graphics is preferred.
- Strong background in interactive real-time 3D/2D graphics for desktop and web applications, including OpenGL/WebGL.
- Strong background in software architecture, object-oriented design, design patterns.
- Strong mathematics, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Experience with Agile software development.
- Candidates with the following experience are preferred:
- graphics application development in a cloud.
- game development principles
HTC is part of the Schlumberger Software Technology organization, responsible for leading the Schlumberger digital technology initiatives. As the oil and gas industry’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry’s digital technology transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.