Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Katy, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
The Schlumberger KDSC User Experience / Visual designer supports development by providing innovative UX solutions to increase efficiency, reliability and integration of Schlumberger services and operations. Working with product analysts, subject matter, and technical experts the UX designer is a skilled multi-tasker and communicator and assists by solving complex technical visualization and workflow problems. These solutions are translated into wireframes, comps, design and other artifacts that are used in close collaboration with the development team to make these visions come to life.
Successful User Experience / Visual designers demonstrate a passion for user experience design and have a proven track record of meeting user needs, product requirements, and business goals in a development team. They are detail oriented, keep up-to-date with all relevant recent design standards and trends, and show interest in learning new technologies and design techniques. They are excellent time-managers, capable of successfully juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.
The position reports to the software Project Manager.
- Engages with development to understand platform capabilities, communicate design specifications,
- Supports agile development, presents high fidelity designs/mock-ups to the team for
- Follows through on project from concept development, design and production concurrently with development and to a tight timeline.
- Collaborates with engineers/team members to create and translate interaction designs and wireframes into stunning UI on Web / Mobile / Desktop Application.
- Leads and creates powerful presentations and reviews of visual designs with team members and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicates designs across teams using engaging presentations, collaboration tools, prototypes, and narrative vision.
- Designs Web, Mobile, Apps, desktop Interfaces.
- Prepares wireframe, designs and refines user experiences.
- Participates in product brainstorms and creative concept development.
- Experience in technical/industrial data visualization.
- Bachelor’s degree in User Experience, Interaction Design, Visual Design or similar.
- At lease 5 years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Experience in managing or collaborating with creative talent, creative agencies and developers.
- Experience creating of complex systems across multiple platforms (e.g. Web/Mobile/Desktop Application).
- Mastery of Photoshop and Illustrator, sketch and prototyping tools.
- Understanding of UCD, User Interface Design and the Design Process.
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, JQuery / AngularJS, understanding of responsive design.
- Must be able to work in the US without Sponsorship.
The Katy Drilling Software Center (KDSC) is part of the Schlumberger Software Technology organization, responsible for leading the Schlumberger digital technology initiatives. As the oil and gas industry’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry’s digital technology transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.