Sugar Land, TX, US
Sugar Land, TX, US
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Sugar Land, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (NYSE: SXL) is a publicly traded master limited partnership that owns and operates a logistics business consisting of a geographically diverse portfolio of complementary crude oil, refined products, and natural gas liquids pipeline, terminalling and acquisition and marketing assets which are used to facilitate the purchase and sale of crude oil, refined products, and natural gas liquids. SXL’s general partner is a consolidated subsidiary of Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. Our business is characterized by extensive industry and safety experience, strong financial fundamentals, and operational flexibility.
The accounting group supporting the Partnership’s Refined Products Acquisition and Marketing (RPAM) group is responsible for the accounting and administration for all refined products and natural gas liquids purchase and sales activities. The Senior Accountant position is responsible for month end financial close duties and other ad-hoc financial statement analysis.
- Price validation of contractual purchase invoices
- Ad-hoc related analysis as requested by manager.
- Perform analytics to validate the reasonableness of freight, product purchase and profit share accurals
- Month end duties such as the accurate and timely generation and posting of all manual journal entries within SAP
- Profit share and RINS liabilities and royalty related revenue accruals.
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, obtaining and organizing all supporting documentation including sign-offs for SOX compliance and obtaining audit support as requested by manager.
- Responsible for the overall accuracy of the balance sheet relating to the business.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Must have strong communications skills (verbal and written); and be effective in communicating, coordinating and implementing changes.
- Must be able to identify the root cause(s) of accounting issues and be able to correctly resolve issues.
- Strong business computer skills and the ability to learn and document processes.
- Must be willing provide overtime hours support as necessary particularly around month-end reporting
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience:
- MBA or CPA is a plus.
- Experience in the oil/gas industry is desired, but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
required_edu: 4 skill_id: 532, 806, 573, 738, 568