Skills: Truck / HGV Driver
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Canonsburg, PA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Searching for a growing and stable Frac company with competitive pay, an excellent work environment and a good benefits package?
Look no further!
US Well Services, home to the industry's first fully electric and mobile fracturing application powered by natural gas, is actively seeking a qualified Driver Training Supervisor in Canonsburg, PA.
Job Summary: The Driver Trainer Supervisor will organize activities and training needed to maintain compliance with US Well Services Policies and Standards, as well as regulatory requirements, regarding driving company vehicles. Will lead the development of and continuous improvement of a driver training program to move the Automotive Accident Rate (AAR) towards 0. Provides classroom and in-vehicle training for, and evaluation of, drivers of both light and heavy vehicles. Will supervise district Driver Trainers including hiring, training and performance management.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
1. Understands and complies with all Federal, State and Local agencies' safety rules and all company policies. Stays current of any changes with Federal, State and Local authorities and ensures compliance.
2. Leads in the development and implementation of the Driver Training Program as required with the assistance of the DOT Compliance and Fleet Manager and input from HSE and Operations.
3. Assists in the training and evaluation of all employees who will be driving a company vehicle, providing training programs and train-the-trainer instruction for proper vehicle movement.
4. Assist in providing hands-on driver training to newly hired employees; provide education and mentoring to prepare inexperienced drivers to obtain a commercial driver's license including
5. Provides Pre/Post Trip inspection training and assists with log book training as well as training on the electronic logging device.
6. Assists trainers with vehicle and driver audits.
7. Conducts assessments and driver audits; coach drivers on areas of needed improvement and provide Managers with coaching reports and progress of each driver.
8. Recommends remedial actions to Operations staff for trainees and drivers who may be deficient in driving skills.
9. Completes periodic driver training reports for DOT Compliance and HSE Managers.
10. Provide training and assessments in post incident situations in cooperation with HSE and Operations.
11. Works with Operations staff to determine compliance and corrective actions for any areas of concern.
12. Promotes US Well Services Safety and Driving Standards at all times.
13. Adheres to US Well Services policies and procedures as well as Federal, State and Local regulations of the Department of Transportation.
14. Performs various other duties assigned within the physical constraints of the position.
15. Travels to District facilities on a regular basis to ensure consistency between districts regarding training for drivers.
16. Assists Operations, HSE and Maintenance personnel as needed on technical questions.
17. Collaborates with Operations and HR in supporting and implementing positive and progressive changes in the Company's driver compliance safety culture.
18. This role requires the individual to be able and willing to travel 50% of the time.
19. Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Some college or technical education preferred
- Industry and/or regulatory courses and training preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: A valid Commercial Driver's License, Class A with HazMat, Tanker and Doubles/Triples Endorsements. Must possess a valid DOT medical examiner's certificate.
Skills, Training and Experience Qualifications:
- Expert on DOT regulations for Shipper, Receiver and Transporter, including HazMat.
- 7+ years' driver training experience.
- 3-5 years' driver training experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Strong aptitude and knowledge of transportation and safety regulations/requirements.
- Possess and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Must possess flexibility and the capacity to handle a wide range of situations and personalities.
- Familiarity or ability to work as a user of inthinc and/or similar systems.
- Intermediate computer skills with a good knowledge of Windows, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Able to speak clearly in English so as to be easily understood.
- Able to read and write in English effectively to be understood by others.
U.S. Well Services, LLC is a Houston, Texas based oilfield services provider of well stimulation services to the upstream oil and gas industry. The company is currently under contract to perform services in the Marcellus and Utica shale regions in Ohio, West Virginia and Pennsylvania and is also evaluating opportunities with existing and new customers to expand our operations into new areas throughout the United States. USWS utilizes an exciting new technology, currently in WV, called Clean Fleet®. This is a proprietary, patented system developed by U.S. Well Services that incorporates existing industry equipment configured to provide fracturing services with enhanced safety features, smaller physical and environmental footprints, and reduced noise levels at a lower cost relative to traditional fracturing equipment. The Clean Fleet® is the industry’s first fully mobile, fully electric hydraulic fracturing system that is powered entirely by natural gas whereby conventional diesel engines are totally replaced with electric motors. USWS also operates seven (7) fleets of high-spec conventional equipment comprising one of the youngest fleets of equipment in the industry.