Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Pipeline Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its Oxy Midstream and Marketing subsidiary gathers, processes, transports, stores, purchases and markets oil, condensate, natural gas liquids, natural gas, carbon dioxide and power. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Centurion Pipeline is an oil-gathering, common carrier pipeline and storage system within the Midstream organization and operates approximately 2,750 miles of crude oil pipelines.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are Pipeline Engineer based in Houston, Texas.
The Pipeline Engineer within Oxy Midstream will function as part of a multi-discipline engineering team reporting to the Engineering Lead, and should have a thorough understanding of the pipeline design requirements needed for those projects associated with the pipeline transmission and gathering industry. Strong technical competencies along with excellent communications skills should work together to provide quality customer service, leadership within the engineering department, and a positive and teamwork-oriented attitude that leads to the successful completion of Oxy Midstream capital projects.
• Project Engineer/Leader for pipeline projects - new pipelines, pipeline loops, pipeline replacements, pipeline relocations and lowering, etc.
• Support the development and scoping of new project opportunities including identifying initial pipeline routing and sizing
• Provide technical support and review of road, rail and water crossing permits
• Support the preparation of bid packages and attend job showings to provide insight to the design details
• Review drawings for technical correctness and compliance with Oxy Midstream's design standards
• As an engineer within the department, responsibilities include the oversight and optimization of designs to support the efficient use of capital in the areas of engineering, installation and operation of the facilities
• Provide technical support to Operations and Maintenance groups, including all necessary design calculations to determine pipeline safety in relation to rail and vehicular loads over the pipelines
• Research and recommend new technology and equipment.
• Develop and communicate detailed pipeline design standards and best practices that can be leveraged long term by others in the Engineering Department to create consistency, repeatability and quality in future design deliverables
• Prepare/revise pipeline material specifications as required
• All work to be completed in compliance with cost and schedule expectations and meeting all environmental, health, safety, legal and code requirements
• Participate and assist Project Manager with developing "Lessons Learned" at the conclusion of the project
• Assist Operations Portfolio and Integrated Planning (Purchasing and Contracting) Team in evaluating pipeline design and installation contractors
• BS in Mechanical Engineering
• 10+ yrs. experience in pipeline and associated pipeline and associated facilities design, construction, maintenance and operations
• Knowledge of CFR49 Parts 192 and 195 for governmental compliance requirements
• Knowledge of various relevant engineering/governmental standards (API, ASME, ANSI, EPA, TRRC, ETC.)
• Must be able to develop strong relationships with project sponsors and other internal project stakeholders, government agencies, outside engineering, construction and equipment supply firms
• Experienced in project scope definition, cost estimating, and scheduling.
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-discipline team environment with office-based and field-based technical and specialist staff
• Ability to make technically sound decisions and recommendations with less than perfect or incomplete data sets.
• Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to multi-task, and a willingness to quickly change work assignments
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
• Must maintain a valid driver's license and be flexible to travel as required.
• Must be able to work outdoors, wear personal protective equipment, and walk on uneven surfaces
Valued Additional Qualifications
• Master's degree in Engineering or Business
• Licensed PE in Mechanical Engineering
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• High competence in working with specific engineering design and drafting software tools
• Good comfort level presenting information to all levels of management
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with operations in the United States, Middle East region and Latin America. Headquartered in Houston, Occidental is one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization. Occidental's midstream and marketing segment gathers, processes, transports, stores, purchases and markets hydrocarbons and other commodities in support of Occidental's businesses. Occidental's wholly owned subsidiary, OxyChem, is a major North American chemical manufacturer.
Occidental's success is built on technical expertise, business acumen, strong partnerships and proven ability to deliver lasting results. With approximately 38,000 employees and contractors worldwide, we are committed to being a Partner of Choice everywhere we operate.
Occidental is committed to respecting the environment, operating safely and upholding high standards of social responsibility throughout the company's worldwide operations.