Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Duties & Responsibilities
In this position you will be responsible for managing/growing business with assigned strategic global accounts along with development of new key accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- To develop joint (OII & Bp) strategic plans for local and global services in furtherance of client and OII objectives
- To liaise with and be the key Bp point of contact with AI management.
- Build strategic relationships with major customers starting with Bp and others identified by SVP and AI leadership team.
- Drive alignment within the whole Asset Integrity organization
- Be a central, pivotal point of activity for the wider Oceaneering organization interface with Asset Integrity.
- Deliver value to key Asset Integrity customers, i.e. sell value and define what “value” means for the key account.
- Develop financial insight, i.e. measure the true profitability of the key account and identify the key account P&L; sensitivities rather than concentrate on incremental revenue growth.
- Adapt Asset Integrity local and global management approaches to key account(s)
- Engage senior managers from across the business in the key account strategic planning process
- Understand the Decision Making Unit (DMU) of key account: Engage the key account at the highest level in order to understand the key account’s way of taking decisions, their strategic plan and needs and the way suppliers are evaluated and measured.
- Engage in Consultative Selling: Creating simple, effective and collaborative key account growth plans in concert with the other Oceaneering Business Units.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, however the job holder will jointly, with the Sr. VP., direct local OII teams to develop strategic plans. The Strategic Account Director will also lead the fulfilment of global strategic objectives for the nominated client accounts in conjunction with the AI Leadership team.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong Strategic Planning and Tactical Execution Skills - Ability to create competitive and breakthrough sales strategies as well as develop and execute against a corresponding tactical plan which results in exceeding annual targets.
- Strong communications skills, high energy / self-starter, with a good industry network.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with customers at different organizational levels.
- Able to interact and communicate constantly with Oceaneering global teams set for strategic global accounts.
- Organized and experienced in use of databases to maintain track of important activities at the global strategic accounts assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in technical sales / operations and service specialty in the oil field and/or energy industry.
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking English.
- Legally able to live and work in the United Kingdom.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Corrosion Engineering or other similar technical field.
- Fluency in a language such as French, Norwegian, Portuguese or Arabic
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret industry reports, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited information or standardization of processes exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and some experience of PeopleSoft.
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job Title: Strategic Account Director
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Job ID: 11132
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.