Skills: QA / QC / Inspection, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, MD, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
The Quality Engineer assists with defining the expectations and verification requirements within the core processes of Oceaneering and ADTECH’s quality culture, and those of current and prospective suppliers. The Quality Engineer supports OTECH Manufacturingin the establishment and maintenance of an environment where quality systems are effectively integrated into all aspects of OTECH and everyone in the organization is engaged in Continuous Improvement to improve process efficiency and customer satisfaction.
The Quality Engineer acts as the single point of contact between OTECH Management, ADTECH Quality Manager and Supply Chain Management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Align goals with the strategic plan of the business. These should be based on the cost of poor quality, measured waste, customer feedback, process metrics, risk assessments, reports of nonconformance, root cause and corrective actions, audits and surveillances, external audits, ISO requirements, and other outputs of quality processes.
- Work with the OTECH and ADTECH QMS infrastructure to ensure that guidance to operating groups is clear and unambiguous.
- Work with other Quality Engineers of each ADTECH Division to create collaboration and sharing of best practices.
- Provide support to Continuous Improvement Initiatives and training on Continuous Improvement as requested by other OTECH functional departments. This includes audits and surveillances of Vendors, operations, contracts, Quality Department, and Engineering.
- Ensure requirements that are critical to quality (CTQ) are defined, understood and are aligned with current capabilities and are managed to ensure conformance.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of OTECH customer quality requirements.
- Develop and improve upon processes that are based upon items deemed CTQ and Critical to Process (CTP).
- Develop and improve the Approved Supplier’s List and Supplier Scorecard.
- Assign Corrective Actions to underperforming suppliers as needed and assure effective follow-up of Corrective Actions issue to suppliers.
- Perform QC inspections on product manufactured internally and on vendor supplied product.
- Require suppliers to be accountable for providing quality plans that are sufficient to ensure requirements meet expectations.
- Utilize quality management principle as a means to follow-up and ensure actions from improvement teams are integrated and effective.
- Perform Quality and process Audits at supplier’s facilities.
- Up to 50% travel will be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field. Commensurate and demonstrated experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Quality Control experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent.
- Must be able to obtain Level II CWI Certification within 6 months of hire.
- Previous training and/or experience in the following areas:
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) inspection
- Geometric tolerancing
- General mechanical inspection
- Fabrication inspection
- Weld inspection (Level II ANST CWI)
- Basic electrical inspection
- Supplier Qualification Audits
- Supplier Process Audits
- Source Inspection at suppliers facility
- Experience working directly with fabrication and machinists craftspeople.
- Blueprint reading skills.
- Knowledge of basic technical mathematics; inspection, measuring, and test equipment; materials and processes; inspection planning and technology; fabrication methods; inspections methods; geometrical tolerance systems; and basic statistics.
- Ability to obtain security clearance may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Job ID: 11135
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.