Skills: HR - General, HR - Trainer / Instructor
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Sr. Global Mobility Specialist will assist the Assistant Global Mobility Manager evolve and optimize the existing global mobility program design, which includes the following key components: Relocation, Immigration, and Global Assignments (rotational, temporary and expatriate).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate, coordinate, and submit business visa and work visa applications to embassies and consulates consistent with standardized processes.
- Plan all activities associated with application generation and be main point of contact for employees.
- Research and create visa processes for new work locations and communicate these to the appropriate personnel.
- Ensure all visa applications are collated in accordance to the approved process and reviewed prior to submitting.
- Track and monitor progress of all applications and maintain constant contact with all relevant agents to progress applications.
- Review visa associated invoices and statements for accuracy and properly code for Accounts Payable.
- Issue Assignment Letters as required within the Encompass GM Module.
- Collaborate with HR business partners on mobility planning, strategies, budgets, and develop creative solutions to business needs across the world.
- Consult with and train managers and business leaders on global mobility to ensure established policies and procedures are administered consistently.
- Discuss any issues and/or future problems with the Assistant Global Mobility Manager.
- Work effectively as part of the team to produce streamlined ways of working.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Recruitment teams, HR teams, internal clients, and external suppliers.
- Manage accounts of internal or external suppliers.
- Maintain standard communications and process materials.
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in human resources or operations with two (2) to three (3) years experience in global mobility
- Complete knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel
- Proficient in PeopleSoft
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Provides assistance to others when they need it.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Skill to effectively manage time to meet operational needs and desired outcomes.
- Provides/develops appropriate documentation to track progress of a project.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Skill to maintain a high level of security and confidentiality of information.
- Ability to promote and be accountable for quality customer service.
- Monitors the quality of work by setting up procedures.
- Knowledge of the organization and operation of Department programs and how they relate and support other programs administered by the department.
- Gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job Title: Sr. Global Mobility Specialist
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11136
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.