Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: 259100, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
HEAD OF DISCIPLINE - STRUCTURAL
The Head of Discipline (HOD) is responsible for providing discipline specific supervision and guidance on all design, engineering and technical matters, monitoring project progress and ensuring compliance with established programs and procedures. HODs can be seconded to work as Project Engineering Managers based on the size and complexity of the assigned project. The focus will shift from one of deep discipline knowledge to that of coordinating the various engineering disciplines involved in the assigned project
- Studies contract documentation and Scope of Work and nominates Engineers for project work.
- Allocates manpower resources to enable efficient effective engineering work to be completed within allocated manpower budget and to approved quality standards.
- Interfaces with the Drafting Office Coordinator to assess and allocate/recruit resources needed to carry out all necessary drafting.
- Undertakes audits of Engineering processes to examine effectiveness and makes recommendations for change where the need is identified or advantage is to be gained.
- Revises discipline specific procedures and makes recommendations to examine effectiveness and makes recommendations for change where the need is identified or advantage is to be gained.
- Undertakes activity to modify and upgrade the norms used in the estimation process to ensure the accuracy, currency and completeness of information to be used in preparing bids.
- Assesses discipline specific manpower requirements at the estimation stage for inclusion in project bids.
- Acts as the ultimate discipline specific technical/professional authority for the resolution of complex problems and to assist subordinate engineers in developing their professional capabilities.
- Identifies, assesses and makes recommendations on hardware and software needs for budget capital expenditure consideration.
- Identifies training needs and recommends training courses and development programmes to bridge these gaps.
- Keeps informed of developments in the field of Engineering and brings to notice those, which could be of benefit to the Company.
- Compliance in accordance with HSE Standard.