Skills: Business Development, Document Control, Estimating, Laboratory Ops / Tech, Mechanic, Mining, Project Management, ROV Ops / Tech, Sales
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
United Pipeline Systems Limited is looking for a Project Manager to join our team!
United Pipeline Systems Limited (UPSL), an Aegion company, provides durable and reliable polyethylene pipe lining solutions for new pipeline protection and existing pipeline rehabilitation throughout the world. UPSL is a specialized pipeline contractor that has the trained manpower, specialized equipment and worldwide expertise to tackle a wide variety of high density polyethylene (HDPE) pipe lining rehabilitation challenges safely, on time and on budget. United Pipeline Systems Limited offers pipeline protection and rehabilitation in a number of countries and locations throughout the world. For more information, visit www.unitedpipeline.com
- Managing projects through the entire life cycle, from estimating to contract completion.
- Analyze plans and specifications required to bid potential projects.
- Evaluate drawings, specifications and other technical drawings
- Producing technical documents for specific projects.
- Analyze commercial and technical bid documents.
- Preparing proposals.
- Manages multiple projects concurrently.
- Preparing and managing contracts: Purchase orders, change orders, requests for information and reporting.
- Document control and record keeping of live projects. Maintaining thorough records of progress, materials used costs, invoiced totals and expected total values.
- Quality assurance and Quality control
- Detailed and accurate communication between management, sales team, suppliers, customers, inspectors and other parties.
- Responsible for resolving issues related to contract management.
- Formal communications on tenders, RFI's, project reporting and close out documentation.
- Supporting the Business Development and sales team.
- Contribute to team efforts to manage projects and ensure their on-time completion, on budget, within specification, accident free and to customers' satisfaction.
- Other duties will be assigned as required.
- Engineering Degree or Technical Diploma.
- 5+ years of oil and gas, construction or mining industry experience.
- 2+ years of project management experience.
- General understanding of material properties and mechanics.
- Strong proficiency with Word, Excel and Adobe.
- Knowledge of HDPE Tite liner an asset.
- Familiarity with Alberta Oil Patch industry practices and regulations an asset.
- P.Eng or CET designation an asset.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize demands of multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and deliver results.
- Willingness to work with hands and occasionally travel.
Every day, people’s lives and livelihoods depend on the operation of pipelines, refineries and other infrastructure related to the production of energy.
At Aegion, we are in the business of making sure these structures last. Our companies provide services and solutions to protect, strengthen and maintain them —inside and out — before, during and after their construction.
Aegion companies are leaders and innovators in Corrosion Protection and Energy Services. This includes everything from cathodic protection on pipelines to maintenance at refineries nationwide. Contact Aegion today to learn more about our companies or how to join our team of infrastructure professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.