Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst, Financial Audit
Other Skills: CPA
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
The Tax Compliance group is responsible for income tax compliance related to Marathon Oil Corporation and its subsidiaries. The main function is the preparation of the annual income tax returns for all companies and partnerships. The analyst is expected to handle multiple tasks and be able to meet a variety of tax return filing deadlines.
- Preparation of federal and state and local income/franchise tax returns in accordance with established due dates.
- Preparation and coordination of domestic tax DD&A calculations for the federal income tax return and year end provision processes.
- Preparation of tax basis balance sheets. Interface with the Tax Accounting group to ensure accurate measurement of book and tax bases.
- Interface with Accounting Organization personnel to obtain needed financial data and information.
- Assist in the development of best practices for the income tax compliance process.
- Provide support and answer various audit information requests.
- Provide analysis and information required in business development or tax planning activities when such matters arise.
- Perform research and complete legislative analysis.
- Assist in other special project assignments.
- Bachelors Degree Required/ Masters preferred
- CorpTax and SAP experience is considered a plus. A strong proficiency in Excel and Word is required.
- Certified Public Accountant is preferred.
- The candidate must demonstrate a sufficient background in financial accounting and/or tax.
- Four to six years of tax compliance experience preparing and/or reviewing tax returns, and/or partnership returns is preferred.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Finance and Accounting || Not Applicable || || 17022 ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Tax, Accounting, ERP, Business Development, Finance, Technology, Sales, Research
MARATHON OIL – WHY WORK FOR US?
Deciding where to pursue a career often comes down to intangibles.
Do the employees look forward to coming to work each day -- are they given rewarding opportunities, do they work well together? Are employees empowered to bring their skills and knowledge forward -- is the corporate culture nurturing, are life experiences and diversity valued? What is the attitude toward the broader community -- health, safety and the environment?
Marathon can answer those intangible questions affirmatively in our employee's own words, proving that Marathon is a world class energy company with much more to offer at the end of the day than just high performance stats and market prowess -- though we enjoy those too. If you are starting out in a career, consider the places your experience at Marathon could take you -- without having to leave Marathon. Career growth and job satisfaction is why Marathon places such an emphasis on mentoring -- talented people can build a career here.
If you are an experienced professional who wants to continue your growth to reach full potential, this could be the place for you. The benefits are not intangible, but competitive and attractive -- a dollars and sense reason to contact Marathon.
Marathon Oil Awards & Accolades
- Top 500 Green Companies, Newsweek, 2009
- Barron's 500, Barron's, 2009
- World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune, 2008
- Top 200 of the Global 2000, Forbes, 2008
- The Houston Chronicle 100, The Houston Chronicle, 2008