Skills: Barge Master
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We Are Hiring
We are urgently looking for: Barge Superintendent (Floating Barges)
- The potential candidate must have work closely with the Field Engineer, Barge Foreman, Chief Engineer and Chief Electrician to plan and schedule barge construction activities and ensure that all activities implemented on the barge are in accordance with the Barge Management Manual.
- Communicate with Derrick Crane Operators, Barge Foreman and other members of the crew on a regular basis.
- Also interact with the management, client, subcontractors, vendors and project teams as and when required and the necessary clearance/work permit is obtained before mobilization/demobilization.
- Attend meetings with the management to discuss general administration of the barge, installation method strategies, acquisition of additional equipment, recruitment of additional personnel etc.
- Review anchor patterns and ensure that the barge is set up as per approved patterns.
- In consultation with the Chief Engineer, oversee the maintenance of all equipment and machinery on the Monitor the barge's field entry, anchor operations, stinger and stern extension installation, etc.
- barge and recommend necessary upgrades/modifications to enhance the barge's operations.
- Liaise with the Plant Engineer for surveys on class and other certifications.
Identify hazards, assess and record risks in a Risk Management Register, and find ways to mitigate such risks.
- Compile data for various reports on barge activities and discuss the progress of work/issues with the client counterpart on board the barge.
- Compliance in accordance with section/Company policies and procedures, Policy of Integrity and Code of Conduct and HSE standards.
- Ensure that all barge personnel follow safety measures during implementation of installation procedures and conduct meetings on safety, fire drills and abandon ship drills on a regular basis.
- Supervise warehousing of stores on the barge to ensure safe upkeep and maintenance of equipment and project material and effective use of available space.
- Schedule leave breaks for barge personnel ensuring that all operations are effectively carried out all the time on the barge.
- Plan and coordinate with the base office on future schedules of the barge for upcoming projects.
- In the event of deteriorating weather conditions, take necessary precautionary measures and prepare to abandon the work to prevent loss of life and equipment.
- Review cases of accidents, incidents and near-misses for further action.
Candidate must be 15 years' experience in offshore with relevant experience as Assistant Barge Superintendent on jack-up and floating barges. Knowledgeable and experienced with operations on floating and jack-up barges, common derrick crane system, anchor winches system, engine room equipment, ballast and bulge system, general lifting arrangement and understanding of all standard offshore safety training requirements. Also knowledge of basic first aid training, HSEMS, OHSAS 18001 and LOTO procedures, hazardous material awareness, and handling of waste. Good written and spoken English communication skills. Strong commercial/contractual awareness.
Good negotiation skills and report writing skills. Good organizational and leadership skills. Keen eye for detail. Abbreviations used: OHSAS 18001: Occupation Health and Safety Assessment Series
HSEMS: Health, Safety and Environment Management System
LOTO: Lock-out and Tag-out