Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Electrical Systems Planning Engineer within our Permian EOR group.
Under the general direction of the Electrical Engineering Ops Lead, the Electrical Operations Engineer is responsible for performing various engineering functions for multiple departments. Assist with the collection and assessment of outage and service interruption data to assure optimum operation and provide recommendations on improvements to the electrical facility, distribution and transmission systems.
• Review electrical and distribution systems data on all Electrical projects
• Provide list of electrical data sheets on all equipment installed for evergreen modeling
• Provide input on electrical equipment standards and electrical data format standards
• Work with Master Electrical Power Line and Facility Technicians and Specialist on implementation of electrical projects
• Analyze possible business risk on all electrical projects
• Provide input on Electrical equipment and alarm PM program
• Participate on committees to develop electrical equipment and installation standards
• Evaluate new technologies to improve electrical systems
• Assist Electrical Facility Technician and Master Electrical Specialist in maintenance and commissioning of Soft starts, VFD and reclosures
• Assist Electrical Power Line Technician and Master Electrical Power Line Specialist in maintenance and commissioning of Power Line equipment and reclosures
• Support field and plants on Electrical issues 24/7
• Provide technical expertise for project support including FAT, Commissioning and Start up
• Participate in process improvement and development of new technologies
• Provides guidance on setting, implementing and changing standards around electrical equipment and alarm program
• Represent Oxy in witnessing teardowns and repair of major Electrical equipment
• BS Degree in electrical engineering
• Must be knowledgeable of electrical safety requirements as found in publications such as NFPA 70E
• Must have knowledge of Arc Flash Hazards
• NEC,NESC and OSHA standards
Professional / Technical Qualifications/Licences/Certifications:
• Professional Engineer Certificate preferred
• Experience in industrial plant maintenance
• Candidates should have 3 to 15 years' experience
Skills & Competencies:
• In depth experience with managing electrical facility construction, operations and maintenance from transmission and distribution to motor control for high, medium, and low voltage systems
• Valued contributor to business analysis and planning at all levels
• Strong communication skills (verbal/written/listening/presentation)
• Problem solving skills with ability to analyze and recommend solutions on problems of high complexity
• Understanding of Surface Operational Strategies of Reliability Maintenance & Mechanical Efficiency Factor
• General knowledge of Asset Team, Risk / AI team, IT and HES and Automation
• Expert level competency in electrical systems including construction codes and practices
• Provide a customer support mentality
• Understanding of PSSRs and MOCs.
• Extensive expertise in EOR safe work systems.
• Extensive knowledge of material specifications and application
• Understanding of regulatory guidelines
• Ability to manage Budget
• Strong Leadership and Mentoring skills
• Ability to perform under pressure
• Proficient computer skills (MS Office Suite, Oxy proprietary software, Electrical vendor proprietary software, etc)
• Demonstrate ability to perform strong time management skills
• Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with operations in the United States, Middle East region and Latin America. Headquartered in Houston, Occidental is one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization. Occidental's midstream and marketing segment gathers, processes, transports, stores, purchases and markets hydrocarbons and other commodities in support of Occidental's businesses. Occidental's wholly owned subsidiary, OxyChem, is a major North American chemical manufacturer.
Occidental's success is built on technical expertise, business acumen, strong partnerships and proven ability to deliver lasting results. With approximately 38,000 employees and contractors worldwide, we are committed to being a Partner of Choice everywhere we operate.
Occidental is committed to respecting the environment, operating safely and upholding high standards of social responsibility throughout the company's worldwide operations.