Skills: Asset Management, Petroleum Engineering, Reservoir Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Marathon Oil is currently seeking an experienced Reservoir Engineer to fill a Reserves Coordinator position in the Corporate Reserves Group (CRG) in our Houston, TX office reporting to the Director of Corporate Reserves.
The primary responsibility of the position is to provide independent oversight to assure compliance with internal and external reserve and resource estimation and reporting policies and regulations. The successful candidate will be expected to approve all reserve and resource changes proposed by the Asset Team’s Qualified Reserve Estimators, coordinate external audits, and conduct reviews of reserve and resource estimates per CRG Policy. They will also participate in training, policy development and implementation, and strategic planning for reserve and resource oversight and validation activities.
Applicant should possess strong reservoir engineering skills, with experience in conventional and unconventional reservoirs. A thorough knowledge of reserve and resource definitions and an understanding of external reporting requirements as dictated by the Securities and Exchange Commission must be developed by the candidate selected.
- Provide practical guidance to Asset Teams to ensure reserve and resource volumes are accurate, follow best practices, and meet company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Work with Asset Teams and third-party consultants to coordinate internal and external audits.
- Evaluate results of these reviews and work to resolve outstanding differences.
- Assist in development and updating of the CRG processes, procedures, and training materials.
- Assist in development of the reserves information required for year-end financial disclosures.
- Bachelors degree required
- Petroleum Engineering or related field is required.
- At minimum of ten years of experience is required with a minimum of seven years as a Reservoir Engineer. Additionally, three years of the Reservoir Engineering experience must be in development of unconventional reservoirs with emphasis on application of reserve estimation workflows and familiarity with SEC rules and regulations.
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates with experience in Reserves Engineering at the asset or corporate level.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, commercial decline curve/economic packages (Aries or similar), reservoir simulation programs, Monte Carlo simulation, and data visualization programs is required. Familiarity with commercial reserves tracking and reporting software (VOLTS or similar) is desirable.
- Formal training and certification in Project Management or Six Sigma is desirable.
- <10% Travel Required
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
MARATHON OIL – WHY WORK FOR US?
Deciding where to pursue a career often comes down to intangibles.
Do the employees look forward to coming to work each day -- are they given rewarding opportunities, do they work well together? Are employees empowered to bring their skills and knowledge forward -- is the corporate culture nurturing, are life experiences and diversity valued? What is the attitude toward the broader community -- health, safety and the environment?
Marathon can answer those intangible questions affirmatively in our employee's own words, proving that Marathon is a world class energy company with much more to offer at the end of the day than just high performance stats and market prowess -- though we enjoy those too. If you are starting out in a career, consider the places your experience at Marathon could take you -- without having to leave Marathon. Career growth and job satisfaction is why Marathon places such an emphasis on mentoring -- talented people can build a career here.
If you are an experienced professional who wants to continue your growth to reach full potential, this could be the place for you. The benefits are not intangible, but competitive and attractive -- a dollars and sense reason to contact Marathon.
Marathon Oil Awards & Accolades
- Top 500 Green Companies, Newsweek, 2009
- Barron's 500, Barron's, 2009
- World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune, 2008
- Top 200 of the Global 2000, Forbes, 2008
- The Houston Chronicle 100, The Houston Chronicle, 2008