Skills: Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, Reliability Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dallas, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Mechanical Engineer - Silicate Division based at our Manufacturing Facility/Chemical Plant located in Dallas, Texas.
This position is responsible for the reliability engineering duties of the five plants in the Silicates Division as well as a small ACL operation. This includes process equipment troubleshooting, process controls troubleshooting and optimization, mechanical failure analysis, capital and expense project implementation, and mechanical integrity support.
Key Duties include:
• Evaluate, recommend, and assist in establishing preventative and predicative maintenance programs.
• Review and evaluate maintenance work and develop best practices.
• Support production goals for each plant via design recommendations that enhance reliability and efficiency. Compare plants internally and externally to identify cost-effective best practices.
• Provide back-up support to Divisional project Engineer in routine furnace repairs, rehabs, rebuilds.
• Provide support as needed for project work (capital and expense) as needed, including scope development, AFE submission, and project execution.
• Assist plants in optimization of routine maintenance and capital/expense project costs.
• Assist needed engineering efforts to meet capital requirements and process improvement objectives.
• Remain current on latest technology and develop unique improvements to ensure a leadership position.
• Assume supporting role to Divisional process Engineer in implementation of Process Safety and Mechanical Integrity programs.
• Develop and maintain divisional piping, valve, gasket, pump, etc. specifications.
• Assist in qualification, selection, and evaluation of plant contract services for maintenance, inspection, vibration analysis, etc.
• Review inspection reports for accuracy, thoroughness, and compliance to Oxy standards. Assist in development of repair/rehab plans.
• Will provide support and back-up services to the Divisional process Engineer and the Divisional Project Engineer.
• Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline required
• Must have solid background in plant maintenance and/or mechanical reliability with at least 3 years experience.
• Knowledge in construction techniques including welding and equipment inspections, PSM, PRM, and OSHA standards is desired.
• High proficiency in Microsoft applications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write and speak in English
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
• Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with operations in the United States, Middle East region and Latin America. Headquartered in Houston, Occidental is one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization. Occidental's midstream and marketing segment gathers, processes, transports, stores, purchases and markets hydrocarbons and other commodities in support of Occidental's businesses. Occidental's wholly owned subsidiary, OxyChem, is a major North American chemical manufacturer.
Occidental's success is built on technical expertise, business acumen, strong partnerships and proven ability to deliver lasting results. With approximately 38,000 employees and contractors worldwide, we are committed to being a Partner of Choice everywhere we operate.
Occidental is committed to respecting the environment, operating safely and upholding high standards of social responsibility throughout the company's worldwide operations.