Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Morgan City, LA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Diving Supervisor is in charge of the planning and execution of the diving operation, including the responsibility for the safety and health of the dive team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure diving operations are carried on from a suitable and safe location on the surface, and in compliance with any permit to work.
- Personally verify that all personnel in the dive team are qualified and physically able to perform tasks assigned. He must make an assessment of the physical condition of the divers prior to each dive to determine if any physical impairment is present which would be detrimental to their health and safety in the water or under hyperbaric conditions.
- Assign the duties of all members of the dive team and personally direct them throughout the diving operation.
- Ensure that the diving equipment designated for use is:
- Suitable for the planned diving operation
- Inspected prior to each dive and in good working order
- Ensure that all operating instructions, manuals, decompression tables, treatment schedules and regulatory publications are available at the dive location and are maintained to reflect current changes and/or developments.
- Maintain and submit reports required by Oceaneering or other regulations concerning diving operation and equipment maintenance, testing or repair.
- Maintain a detailed depth, bottom time and decompression profile (Operations Dive Log) at the dive location for each diver during the dive. This dive log is to be supported by an audio tape recording of the dive which may be erased subsequently on incident/accident free dives.
- Submit all records and reports required by Oceaneering to the appropriate offices within the company.
- The development, production and implementation of a series of pre and post dive check off lists for his operation.
- The development and implementation of emergency/contingency procedures.
- The planning and detailed briefing of his diving team and support personnel.
- Critique the dive with the dive team upon completion and instruct the diver(s) as to improvements in procedures and routines for future dives.
- In the absence of a diving superintendent act as the primary point of contact with the customer’s representative at the job location and the person-in-charge of the vessel or facility.
- Be aware of the procedures to follow to obtain medical support in the event of an accident, either diving or non-diving related. (Mayday List) Safety documentation Emergency Support Mayday Procedure refers. (SAF-SPR-OOR or Area Equivalent)
- Ensure the contents of the medical and first-aid kits are inventoried at least monthly and re-supplied as they are used.
- Be directly responsible to the Operations Manager for ensuring that all operations under his supervision are carried out in accordance with established Oceaneering operating policies and procedures.
- Conduct continuous training for the dive team under his supervision, keeping records of attendance and subjects covered.
- Reporting all accidents or incidents involving personnel or equipment in accordance with reporting procedures Incident and Accident Reporting and Investigation Section 1-H. (SAF-SPR-005 or Area Equivalent)
- Conduct safety meetings in accordance with Company Safety Meetings policy (SAF-SPR-008 or Area Equivalent) ensuring maximum practical attendance and participation.
- Conduct job hazard reviews and tool box meetings with all members of diving team prior to commencing diving activity.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Hold a commercial diving school certification of graduation.
- Minimum ten (10) years offshore commercial diving experience.
- IMCA Diving Supervisor Certification.
- ADC mixed gas card.
- Ability to obtain a valid Passport and Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: IMCA Certified Diving Supervisor
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana
Job ID: 11133
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.