Skills: Budget / Cost Control, Civil Engineering, Construction Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Fibrwrap Construction Services, Inc. is looking for an experienced Construction Manager.
Fibrwrap Construction is a full service structural renovation company specializing in the design and application of advanced composite systems. Fibrwrap was founded in 1988 to assist in the development of Fyfe Company's Tyfo® Fibrwrap® system. Since then, we have performed structural upgrades on over 6,000 projects worldwide. For more information, visit www.fibrwrap.com or search Fibrwrap on www.youtube.com .
The Construction Manager plans, directs, coordinates, and budgets activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of specified projects per client expectations.
- Directs, supervises, and coordinates with superintendents' construction activities including Safety, Environmental, Quality, and Productivity on construction project sites.
- Successfully complete projects on time, under budget, with the highest product quality, and zero accidents on the job.
- Plays an integral role interfacing with the client on a daily basis to develop a solid and positive relationship.
- Participate in the conceptual development of construction projects, scheduling, and implementation to ensure timely and efficient execution.
- Planning and Organizing - establish, develop, and maintain course of action to accomplish goals, evaluates results, develops schedules, and can coordinate multiple activities at once by effectively utilizing manpower, equipment, and materials.
- Exceptional ability to Read & Understand Construction Drawings & Specifications
- Perform Constructability Review for all jobs including Risk Control and Design Constraints.
- Client Focus - dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of external and internal clients, acts with client in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships, and gains their trust and respect.
- Strong analytical skills to be able to identified critical issues, analyze the schedules, and create reports to communicate issues.
- Time Management - use time effectively and efficiently, can attend to a broader range of activities, gets more done in less time than others.
- Dealing with Ambiguity - can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, and can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty and/or unforeseen conditions.
- Evaluates construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans.
- Coordinates construction scheduling with both Superintendents and Project Scheduler.
- Responsible to manage project schedule in logical steps and budget time required to meet milestones and deadlines.
- Responsible for management and oversight of Subcontractors.
- Responsible for management of project equipment and tools.
- Responsible for Project Material verification and usage.
- Responsible for assisting with estimates, schedules, and cost controls.
- Confers with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Responsible for oversight of preparation, review and submittal of project progress tracking reports.
- Responsible for enforcing Site Specific Safety Protocols and Quality Assurance and Quality Control Program.
- Generates RFI's and follow up on changes to the scope directed by EOR's and Clients.
- Analyze potential for Change Orders and impact on the Scope of Work.
- Running Weekly Meetings, Setting Agenda's, issuing Meeting Minutes when needed.
- Provides upper management with production reports including weekly reports and forecast indicators.
- Attend Jobwalks and Pre Construction Meetings with Clients.
- Takes action to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Coordinate and Lead Project Closeout Packages.
- Position reports Senior Project Manager - Fibrwrap Construction Services, Inc, Rancho Cucamonga.
- Requires a minimum of a high school degree; BS in Civil Engineering or Construction related degree preferred.
- Requires knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within Heavy Civil Construction Operations.
- Requires minimum of 5-10 years of experience in Heavy Civil Construction Industry, Construction Management, and Cost Estimating.
- Proven leadership and supervisory capability is required.
- Requires strong knowledge and understanding of OSHA rules and safe work practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction-related processes like formwork/concrete placement, Earthwork, and Mechanical Piping install.
- Must have an excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of computer abilities for MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Our company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, paid Vacation and Holiday time, and much more.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.