Skills: Construction Manager, Corrosion Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Corrpro, an Aegion company, is looking for an experienced Construction Manager.
Corrpro is America's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure.
The Construction Manager will perform duties involved with achieving district office's annual revenue/profit goals for construction operations in a defined geographic region in a safe and efficient manner.
- Support the zero-injury culture by prioritizing safe execution of work.
- Manage and assign responsibilities and set expectations for construction staff including office and field staff.
- Analyze and discuss construction operation's monthly project and department performance with respect to revenue, project gross margins, utilization and overhead.
- Maintain construction equipment, construction vehicles, and safety equipment.
- Assist in preparing each year's construction sales budget.
- Assist in bidding construction projects: read construction plans, conduct material take-offs, labor estimates, and subcontractor requirements.
- Review construction proposals, contracts, purchase orders, and work authorizations regarding the company's proposed scope of work, customer expectations, and project objectives.
- Spot check subordinate's work, as-built drawings; discuss project objectives, and ensure all work meets the Company's minimum performance standards.
- Prepare customer proposals for construction projects when directly interacting with an individual customer.
- Approve final pricing for all construction project proposals prepared by outside sales representatives.
- Train and develop construction employees consistent with Company policies for job functional tasks.
- Approve new construction personnel hires, establish appropriate salary adjustments, and assist direct subordinates with employee promotions/terminations.
- Drilling experience is a plus.
- Experience operating and maintaining equipment.
- Bachelors degree with a concentration in Engineering, Construction Management or other related field is a plus.
- At least 10 years of construction experience with preferred knowledge of cathodic protection systems.
- Be able to effectively communicate with both customers and fellow employees.
- Adjust to work-related demands without becoming frustrated.
- Persist at difficult tasks despite unexpected obstacles.
- Demonstrate conscientiousness and dependability to produce results.
- Travel is required.
- NACE Certification in Cathodic Protection field is a plus.
Our company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401k, Annual Bonus Potential, Tuition Assistance, paid Vacation and Holiday time, and much more.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.