Skills: Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering
Education: Some College
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international energy company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, the Middle East, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers. The three segments are as follows:
North America Exploration and Production (E&P) - explores for, produces and markets liquid hydrocarbons and natural gas in North America.
International E&P – explores for, produces and markets liquid hydrocarbons and natural gas outside of North America and produces and markets products manufactured from natural gas, such as liquefied natural gas (LNG) and methanol in Equatorial Guinea.
Oil Sands Mining – mines, extracts and transports bitumen from oil sands deposits in Alberta, Canada, and upgrades the bitumen to produce and market synthetic crude oil and vacuum gas oil.
For more information, visit the Company’s website at http://www.marathonoil.com.
This position is for one of many possible locations, such as: Houston, TX; Dickinson, ND; Oklahoma City, OK; San Antonio, TX; Kenedy, TX; Pleasanton, TX
This position could potentially convert future to a full-time position upon graduation.
Summer Intern positions for reservoir, production, facilities, drilling, and completions.
Engineer interns at Marathon contribute to meaningful projects that are designed, and implemented to deliver significant opportunities and results for both the intern and the company. Work projects may include:
- Reviewing existing reservoirs for additional development potential, preparing economics and presenting to management. Working closely with geoscientists to develop and bring forward new exploration ideas
- Evaluation of artificial lift systems and recommending changes to improve the efficiency and runtime of the systems and assisting field personnel with day to day operation of wells in order to maximize production
- Overseeing onsite drilling operations of onshore drilling
- Modeling current production facilities, providing recommendations for improvements in operational efficiencies and cost reductions; providing recommendations for new facility development.
Engineers at Marathon Oil contribute to meaningful projects that deliver significant opportunities and results for both the employee and the company. For the summer program, interns will be placed on an interdisciplinary team. The intern’s work scope will be a project or set of projects that will directly aid in the understanding of the area assigned. Near the end of the internship, each intern will present his or her work to a panel of senior management personnel who are responsible for making hiring recommendations.
Marathon is affiliated with numerous exceptional industry and university consortia enabling the company to adopt the latest technology rapidly. As a result, our engineers have access to state-of-the-art technology and use the top end hardware and software.
- Education Level: working toward a BS or MS degree
- Major: Petroleum Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering
- Students must maintain at least a 3.0 overall GPA.
- Have authorization to work for any employer in the U.S. on a full-time, indefinite basis without need for sponsorship now or in the future.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
MARATHON OIL – WHY WORK FOR US?
Deciding where to pursue a career often comes down to intangibles.
Do the employees look forward to coming to work each day -- are they given rewarding opportunities, do they work well together? Are employees empowered to bring their skills and knowledge forward -- is the corporate culture nurturing, are life experiences and diversity valued? What is the attitude toward the broader community -- health, safety and the environment?
Marathon can answer those intangible questions affirmatively in our employee's own words, proving that Marathon is a world class energy company with much more to offer at the end of the day than just high performance stats and market prowess -- though we enjoy those too. If you are starting out in a career, consider the places your experience at Marathon could take you -- without having to leave Marathon. Career growth and job satisfaction is why Marathon places such an emphasis on mentoring -- talented people can build a career here.
If you are an experienced professional who wants to continue your growth to reach full potential, this could be the place for you. The benefits are not intangible, but competitive and attractive -- a dollars and sense reason to contact Marathon.
Marathon Oil Awards & Accolades
- Top 500 Green Companies, Newsweek, 2009
- Barron's 500, Barron's, 2009
- World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune, 2008
- Top 200 of the Global 2000, Forbes, 2008
- The Houston Chronicle 100, The Houston Chronicle, 2008