Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Doha, Qatar
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Job Title: Senior Project Engineer
Duration: Full Time (Family Status
Primary Purpose of the Job
Provide complete project management services for all capital projects assigned to him and covering all aspects of projects from inception to commissioning and handover. Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget in a safe manner and in accordance with project requirements, specifications and standards.
1. Responsible for leading and coordinating Project Teams formed to provide complete project management services to execute assigned projects in onshore/offshore areas from inception to completion and handover.
2. Prepare and implement Project Execution and QHSE Plans for all assigned projects.
3. Participate and monitor Planning, Cost Control, Budgeting, Contract Administration, Progress Reporting, Change Management and Gate Approval activities.
4. Manage and coordinate a Team of multidiscipline Engineers to achieve a cost effective design through timely resolution of technical and engineering issues.
5. Participate in the preparation of tender packages, tendering process, evaluation of tenders and submissions with appropriate recommendations to relevant Tender Committees.
6. Generate and maintain risk registers by updating these in order to ensure that risks are managed and mitigated.
7. Interface closely with End User and other stakeholders including government and statutory authorities, other third party entities such as JVs.
8. Participate in the processing and resolution of Variations and Contractor's claims.
9. Mentor Qatari Developees by ensuring that they receive proper job training in order to realize their full potential.
1. B.Sc. in an Engineering discipline from a recognized University; higher degree would be advantageous.
2. Membership in a recognized professional engineering/project management association/institution will be an added advantage.
3. A minimum of twelve (12) years experience in engineering, project management and execution of oil & gas projects.
4. Experienced in engineering coordination with various discipline Engineers during Feasibility and Concept Optimization Studies, FEED and EPIC.
5. Effective communication and team building skills including presentation, report writing and management of meetings.