Skills: Electrical Technician, Electrician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houma, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Lead Callout/Construction Electrician
Shamrock Energy Solutions
3 to 5 Year Project
5 + Years of Experience as a LEAD Electrician
Shamrock Energy Solutions is looking for a Lead Callout/Construction Electrician to work both on land and offshore at various locations in the continental US and Gulf of Mexico. The Lead Electrician must have extensive experience in Production, Industrial, Plant and Pipeline Facilities. The Lead Electrician is responsible for the installation of conduit, cable tray, cables, wires, fittings, connectors, etc. to circuit breakers, generators, switchgear, transformers, motors, motor starters, VFD's, lighting and other electrical components. The Lead Electrician is responsible for testing, troubleshooting, commissioning and maintaining electrical and electronic wiring, conduit, cables, cable tray, motors, motor starters, switchgear, generators, VFD's, equipment, light fixtures, etc. The Lead Electrician is responsible for diagnosing malfunctioning Single Phase and 3-phase electrical systems, equipment, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of the malfunction and correct the problem. The Lead Electrician is responsible for observing and following all Electrical Safety Regulations per OSHA and Current NFPA 70E with required Arc Flash PPE. The Lead Electrician must know and understand the National Electrical Code (NEC). The Lead Electrician must be a leader who is self-motivated, eager to work and can direct and train others.
- Ability to assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic, equipment, components, conduit, cables, cable tray, wiring, equipment, motors, motor starters, circuit breakers, generators, switchgear, transformers, VFD's, etc.
- Must be Competent with troubleshooting 480 VAC 3 Phase motors, motor starters, electric actuators, lighting, VFD's, Generators, Switchgear, transformers, etc. and programming VFD's.
- Proficient in testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as Multimeters, Ohmmeters, Voltmeters, Meggers, and Amprobes to ensure compatibility and safety of the system.
- Maintain electrical equipment to meet regulatory codes at the parish, state and federal levels.
- Proficient in calibrating, testing and troubleshooting analog and digital I/O such as transmitters, pressure switches, solenoids, etc. end devices to PLC's
- Perform rigging activities, safety-related job duties and other miscellaneous electrical job duties.
- Proficient in running conduit for electrical systems both onshore and offshore
- Demonstrate safe and proficient use of tools (both hand and power).
- Demonstrate knowledge of mechanical equipment
- Must possess demonstrated ability to safely utilize a forklift and high lift.
- Must be physically capable of performing work from ladders, scaffolds, man lifts, roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Perform installation and maintenance work as part of a team of skilled trade workers.
- Perform duties in a work environment that will be hot, cold, dirty and fast-paced.
- Able to take orders as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum (5) years of troubleshooting and construction electrical experience as a lead on offshore production platforms/facilities
- Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment physical, background check, and drug screen.
- Must be available to work 12 hour day and night shifts, weekends, call-outs and overtime.
- Must be available to travel on land and offshore, by vehicle, by boat, by helicopter, by airplane, etc.
- Candidate must have a strong desire to be a part of a high growth company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a fast-paced, results-orientated culture.
Shamrock Energy Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pay is competitive and based on experience.
Please Visit www.shamrock.energy to fill out an application and apply online.
Shamrock Energy Solutions is a diversified services provider for the energy industry with locations in Louisiana and Texas. Founded in 1997, Shamrock started in the Gulf of Mexico region offering a variety of services including contract production personnel, mechanical services, glycol/production equipment servicing, and electrical services. Shamrock has continued to grow in size, areas of operations, and areas of expertise while also enhancing its core business units. Shamrock maintains a family oriented philosophy and follows the concept of “provide for your employees and your employees will have a feeling of ownership and pride.”
Shamrock has expanded its operations to include Packaged Systems, Production Equipment, Instrumentation & Electrical, Mechanical Services, Production Operations, Valve & Wellhead, Rentals & Refurbished Equipment. We are a company dedicated to taking care of its customers by offering multiple products and services. A complete list of our products and services can be found on our website at www.go-shamrock.com or in our brochure. An overview of our products and services is listed below:
- Production Operations
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Instrumentation & Electrical
- Production Equipment
- Valve & Wellhead
- Rentals & Refurbished Equipment
Shamrock has an extensive customer base throughout the Gulf Coast Region. Through great efforts in customer relations, employee retention and recruiting, and great work ethics Shamrock Energy Solutions has proven itself as leader in the oil and gas industry.
Shamrock Energy Solutions is a Family oriented company who provides Excellent Employee Benefits and Incentives.