Skills: Accounting, Financial Audit, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chesterfield, MO, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The position in Aegion's Compliance department will provide support to the Vice President of Compliance in the execution of Aegion's Ethics and Compliance Program, with primary responsibility for conducting ongoing monitoring of company transactions and records for compliance with laws, regulations and company policies.
- Conducting monitoring activities of various company records
- Assisting with the development and implementation of remediation plans
- Assisting with investigations related to compliance and audit findings and allegations of non-compliance with Company policies
- Coordinating across departments relative to ensuring fair and consistent interpretation, application and enforcement of company policies and procedures in response to incidents investigated and remediated
- Designing, developing and executing on a detailed project plan for quarterly and annual monitoring activities
- Assessing compliance risks faced by the company and for assessing the sufficiency of the company's risk mitigation controls
- Maintaining and managing the tracking and monitoring process of the company's anonymous reporting hotline and other report intake channels
- Developing strong relationships throughout area of responsibility to foster an advisory or collaborative approach to proactive compliance
- Business-related Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 2-5 years of professional experience or equivalent, including experience in compliance monitoring, external or internal audit, and/or conducting internal investigations
- Finance and accounting knowledge, including understanding of financial audits to detect system weaknesses and potential failures of internal controls
- Working knowledge of comparing and analyzing data, trending and reviewing for purposes of abnormalities, with knowledge of ACL Analytics preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint a plus
- CFE, CCEP or similar certification a plus
- Working knowledge of the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and/or similar international laws
- Possess strong and effective verbal and written communication skills, including active listening skills and skills in presenting findings and recommendations
Every day, people’s lives and livelihoods depend on the operation of pipelines, refineries and other infrastructure related to the production of energy.
At Aegion, we are in the business of making sure these structures last. Our companies provide services and solutions to protect, strengthen and maintain them —inside and out — before, during and after their construction.
Aegion companies are leaders and innovators in Corrosion Protection and Energy Services. This includes everything from cathodic protection on pipelines to maintenance at refineries nationwide. Contact Aegion today to learn more about our companies or how to join our team of infrastructure professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.