Skills: Accounting, Budget / Cost Control
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Cost Accountant performs month-end closing process for Gulf of Mexico and/or International Business including journal entries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Project Managers to maintain project costs & revenue to ensure accurate estimates at completion
- Maintain and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs
- Forecast and Budget upload into PeopleSoft System
- Tax journal entries on international business
- Month end analysis (ie: Flux Analysis/Reconciliations)
- Prepare monthly reporting for flash meeting
- Create/Maintain PeopleSoft tree’s
- Review balance sheets, expense accounts, and operating income to confirm institution assets and liabilities
- Maintain international account reconciliation
- Review monthly international reimbursable
- Inter-company transactions/revenue transfers
- Run financial reporting for hard close
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports
- Comply with federal, state and company policies, procedures, and regulations
- Maintain records of assets, liabilities, profit/loss, tax liability, or other financial activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience with general ledger or cost accounting
- Strong understanding of accounting principles
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and PeopleSoft
- Experience with Project Cost Accounting, Inter-Company Accounting
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to analyze situations accurately, utilizing a variety of analytical techniques in order to make well informed decisions.
- Notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information.
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Cost Accountant
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 11120
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.