Watford City, ND, US
Watford City, ND, US
Skills: Operations Management, Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Watford City, ND, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (NYSE: SXL) is a master limited partnership that owns and operates a logistics business consisting of a geographically diverse portfolio of complementary crude oil, natural gas liquids, and refined products pipeline, terminalling and acquisition and marketing assets which are used to facilitate the purchase and sale of crude oil, natural gas liquids, and refined products. SXL’s general partner is a consolidated subsidiary of Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE: ETP). Our business is characterized by extensive industry and safety experience, strong financial fundamentals, and operational flexibility. Collectively, a strong asset base and the successful execution of our business strategies have consistently delivered substantial returns to unitholders.
SXL is currently in the process of staffing the Dakota Access, LLC. Pipeline (DAPL), which will ship crude oil from various origination facilities in North Dakota to Patoka, Illinois. This position is located in the main North Dakota office, in Watford City. Origination facilities include Stanley, Ramberg, Epping, Trenton, Watford City, and Johnson’s Corner, North Dakota. Manage and direct the people and resources necessary to operate and maintain the entire DAPL pipeline, which consists of six origination terminals including 142 miles of piping in North Dakota and three mainline stations along 1,026 miles of mainline 30” pipeline.
Leadership responsibility to ensure the safe, dependable, and efficient movement of crude oil as follows:
- Manages through a staff the resources necessary to operate and maintain a complex pipeline network and terminals. These facilities include the cross-country pipelines, various booster/pump stations and associated storage facilities within the specified district.
- Responsible for building strong working relationship with the Energy Transfer Crude Oil Pipeline (ETCOP) management team. Work with the ETCOP team and the Sunoco Logistics team to manage the agreement in place for daily operation of the ETCOP portion of pipeline.
- This position has responsibility to assure compliance with all OSHA, Federal Dept. of Transportation, State and Local rules and regulations as they pertain to the operation and maintenance of a regulated pipeline system and its related transportation and storage facilities, and directing district operations and maintenance staff.
- Roles & responsibilities also include various aspects of HES management, employee development, employee relations, budget management, and business development/project support.
- Drive consistency across both DAPL and ETCOP
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years in engineering and/or pipeline operational experience.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Good communications skills (verbal and written).
- Must deal effectively with all members of leadership and have tact when handling sensitive issues
- Prepare effective budgets and operating strategies to effectively and efficiently run the pipeline system within the specified district.
- Ability to develop a management presentation and present professionally to a broad audience
- Familiar with regulatory guidelines of government agencies and with the Incident Command System concerning emergency response.
- Previous experience as Incident Commander.
- Experience staffing and hiring field teams.
- During initial construction of DAPL, position will require significant travel for training purposes.
- This position will be responsible for the hiring and staffing process for the entire DAPL pipeline segment prior to commissioning.
- Position subject to being on call 24 hours, 7 days per week.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations as required.
- Long term, position is subject to travel throughout the SXL operational regions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
required_edu: 4 skill_id: 532, 811, 639, 704, 806, 645, 738