Skills: Construction Superintendent
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Baltimore, MD, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Fibrwrap Construction Services, Inc. is looking for an experienced General Superintendent.
Fibrwrap Construction is a full service structural renovation company specializing in the design and application of advanced composite systems. Fibrwrap was founded in 1988 to assist in the development of Fyfe Company's Tyfo® Fibrwrap® system. Since then, we have performed structural upgrades on over 6,000 projects worldwide. For more information, visit www.fibrwrap.com or search Fibrwrap on www.youtube.com .
The General Superintendent will supervise and coordinate activities of workers assigned to his/her crews that are engaged in all phases of Fiber Reinforced Polymer installation and concrete rehabilitation projects. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Supervise and facilitate the construction phase of projects by directly managing multiple crews and sub-contractors while providing oversight for production, safety, quality, and training
- Ensure quantities are verified; verifies site conditions and ensures critical site details are documented through project management system
- Ensure construction execution complies with plans and specifications.
- Attend the pre-construction meetings
- Ensure materials and equipment for the project are planned for and delivered on time
- Critical documents, local rules and permits are complete, delivered and/or posted
- Ensure that work and quantities completed are verified with Foreman, Superintendents and Sub-contractors
- Monitor and communicate changes in the scope of a project and opportunities for additional revenue or cost savings to the Field Engineer, Project Manager, or Regional Manager
- In collaboration with the Project Manager, communicate the work schedule to the customer as required; supervise sub-contractors and vendors on the Project Site
- In collaboration with Superintendents and project managers, review/approve invoices.
- Work with customers, crews and sub-contractors to resolve operational and technical issues and challenges
- Enforce company safety regulations, SOPs and quality standards
- High School diploma or equivalent
- More than 10 years related industry experience, with Structural concrete.
- Fiber Reinforced Polymer experience a plus.
- Previous foreman and/or superintendent experience required
- OSHA certifications are a plus
- Valid driver's license required with clean DMV record
- Must have strong computer skills
- Ability to travel extensively - 50% travel, could be gone for months at a time in busy season within a large territory
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate and empower others. In addition, must be a strong communicator and be able to take the initiative to function without day-to-day guidance. Needs to identify what must be done and then do it.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to communicate instructions clearly and accurately.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, including whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situation
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands : In the performance of duties for this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear; frequently required to use hands to fingers, handle, or feel objects, required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and taste or smell; regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (occasionally up to 75 pounds). Vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, and color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability for extended concentration. Must be able to enter confined space and comply with safety policies.
Work Environment : In performing the duties for this job, the employee will generally work outside (at job sites with moving vehicles and mechanical operations). Will be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate. Travel by automobile and airplane required.
Our company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, paid Vacation and Holiday time, and much more.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.