Skills: Construction Engineer, Construction Manager, Site Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Baltimore, MD, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Fibrwrap Construction Services, Inc. is looking for an experienced Field Engineer.
Fibrwrap Construction is a full service structural renovation company specializing in the design and application of advanced composite systems. Fibrwrap was founded in 1988 to assist in the development of Fyfe Company's Tyfo® Fibrwrap® system. Since then, we have performed structural upgrades on over 6,000 projects worldwide. For more information, visit www.fibrwrap.com or search Fibrwrap on www.youtube.com .
The Field Engineer will supervise and facilitate the construction phase of projects by assisting the project manager in managing sub-contractors and providing oversight and project support for production, safety, quality and project management standards. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Assists the Project Manager in supervision of sub-contractors and vendors on the Project Site.
- Understands Project plans and specifications.
- Acquires, creates and compiles project submittals, tracking approvals.
- Verifies quantities, verifies site conditions and documents critical site details and updates project tracking sheets through information obtained during a preconstruction survey.
- Attends pre-construction meetings.
- Works with Project Manager to ensure needed materials and equipment for the project are delivered on time.
- Verifies that necessary Critical Documents are obtained, delivered and/or posted as required
- Verifies work and quantities completed with Foreman and Sub-contractors.
- Ensures the completion of project tracking sheets are completed accurately
- Monitors and communicates changes in the scope of a project and opportunities for additional revenue or cost savings to the Project Manager or General Manager.
- Communicates the work schedule to the customer as required.
- Processes and files all crew and sub-contractor logs, safety documents, etc. as required.
- Enforces company safety regulations, standard operating procedures and quality standards.
- Works with customers, crews and sub- contractors to resolve operational and technical issues and challenges.
- Performs job surveys for estimating and sales as required.
For the successful performance of this position, an individual must be able to achieve and/or perform the essential duties of the position. Listed below are representative requirements for job knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Associate Degree Required, and a minimum of 1 year of field construction management experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to travel up to 75% around the U.S.
- Occasionally projects run 12 hour days 7 days a week. There is an expectation of long hours and weekend work when needed to insure projects completion in available work window.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to region management, customers, and the public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to use computers to do relatively routine data entry and calculations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate and empower an organization. In addition, must be a strong communicator and be able to take the initiative to function without day-to-day guidance.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In the performance of duties for this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, occasionally required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and taste or smell; regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (occasionally up to 50 pounds). Vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, and color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability for extended concentration. Must be able to enter and perform duties as needed within confined spaces, work from heights and comply with safety policies.
In performing the duties for this job, the employee will generally work in the field in outside weather conditions (On job sites with moving vehicles and mechanical operations) with some work in an office type environment. Will be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate. Travel by automobile and airplane required.
Our company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, paid Vacation and Holiday time, and much more.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.