Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world-s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Under broad direction, assists with design, research, and development of new applications and major enhancements. Provides guidance to developers, testers, and support staff. Using an understanding of the technological advances in both the software industry and in the oil and gas industry this person will challenge the technical software delivery process to deliver fit for purpose software in a more timely manner. This person will have had experience in leading software development projects and may provide Technical Excellence Leadership for more than one team, providing expert guidance to software developers and support staff. Provides a strong technical focus in product planning for a complete software system.
- Bachelor degree (Master-s degree preferred) in Computer Science, Engineering or similar discipline
- 5+ years of experience in software design and development building distributed applications
- 4+ years of experience in JAVA, Eclipse and Web Services.
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Understanding of-cloud computing-technology and infrastructure as well as some experience migrating applications to the cloud is a plus
- Experience in distributed computing and data streaming using technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Cassandra and working in micro-services architecture is a plus
- Experience with AWS, Azure or similar public cloud platform
- Experience with multiple programming languages such as-Java,-Node.js,-Python,-C#, among others
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Linux, Windows, best coding practices, high availability and load balancing
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Oil & Gas, E&P industry domain expertise-is a plus
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N Sam Houston Pkwy E,-Houston,-Texas,-77032, United States
Experience Level:-Experienced Hire-
Product Service Line:-Landmark Software & Services--
Full Time / Part Time:-Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:-
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.