Sour Lake, TX, US
Sour Lake, TX, US
Skills: Corrosion Engineering, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Sour Lake, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (NYSE: SXL) is a master limited partnership that owns and operates a logistics business consisting of a geographically diverse portfolio of complementary crude oil, natural gas liquids, and refined products pipeline, terminalling and acquisition and marketing assets which are used to facilitate the purchase and sale of crude oil, natural gas liquids, and refined products. SXL’s general partner is a consolidated subsidiary of Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE: ETP). Our business is characterized by extensive industry and safety experience, strong financial fundamentals, and operational flexibility. Collectively, a strong asset base and the successful execution of our business strategies have consistently delivered substantial returns to unitholders.
- Responsible for day to day oversight of area corrosion control and chemical treating activities via supervision of field Pipeline Integrity Specialists/Technicians. Provide technical expertise to maintain or improve corrosion control throughout the Sunoco Logistics East Texas area.
- Work with district personnel and engineering on project planning as it pertains to corrosion control.
- Manage local corrosion control capital and expense budgets.
- Responsible for review of corrosion control records and managing resolution of deficiencies.
- Manage corrosion control records and presentation as part of regulatory compliance and inspections.
- An Associate’s degree including 5 years’ corrosion control with some supervisory experience leadership experience within the transportation or logistics industry.
- In depth knowledge of cathodic protection, coatings, internal corrosion, and DOT 195.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Excel required, SAP a plus).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to independently establish priorities.
- Must be detailed oriented and possess exceptional leadership skills, a strong customer focus, and be team-oriented.
- Must be extremely flexible and able to adapt quickly to changes resulting from an ever changing logistical environment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and safety training skills.
- NACE certifications/training, minimum CP1, CP2 or higher preferred.
- Ability to balance multiple projects, supervise implementation of corrosion procedures, ability to work under pressure and travel up to 30% of time
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet