Skills: Corrosion Engineering, Laboratory Ops / Tech, Metallurgist / Materials Engineering, Project Management, QA / QC / Inspection, Risk Management, ROV Ops / Tech, Sales, Workshop
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Corrpro Companies, Inc. is looking for an experienced Pipeline Integrity Engineer with experience in Direct Assessment.
Corrpro Companies, Inc., a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is North America's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, corrosion monitoring, and pipeline integrity business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional integrity, corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil and gas companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install all types of cathodic protection systems for all types of structures. For more details, visit www.corrpro.com.
- Provide engineering and consulting services to pipeline clients supporting direct assessment inspection programs including external corrosion direct assessment (ECDA), internal corrosion direct assessment (ICDA) and stress corrosion cracking direct assessment (SCCDA) for gas transmission pipelines.
- The Pipeline Integrity Engineer is a client-facing role requiring working knowledge and experience in pipeline integrity and risk/reliability methods, and strong oral and written communications skills.
- Lead engineering assessment projects using reliability or quantitative risk based approaches to support client decision-making processes.
- Review preliminary engineering data, identify/determine objectives and expectations of projects, and identify appropriate engineering methods and procedures.
- Serve as subject matter expert for pipeline regulations, industry standards, and industry recommended practices for integrity related activities.
- Provide technical supervision and technical assistance to other divisions within the corporation.
- Produce cost estimations and detailed proposals for pipeline integrity related projects.
- Develop and implement technical training programs.
- Produce technical papers and produce and present technical and sales presentations.
- Participate in industry committees (ASME, NACE, PRCI, API, AGA, etc.).
- Bachelor of Science degree with a concentration in Electrical, Chemical, Materials Engineering or other related engineering fields required.
- Registered Professional Engineer or Engineer In Training preferred.
- NACE CP Level II or III Certification required.
- 5-7 years experience in Pipeline Integrity Engineering - inspection, risk assessment, corrosion control, HCA and Class Locations, MAOP/MOP review, etc.
- Corrosion and Direct Assessment experience desired.
- Cathodic protection and in-line inspection experience desired.
- Technical knowledge and work experience in pipeline risk management and analysis.
- Proficiency in US Federal Regulations and industry standards related to Natural Gas and Hazardous Liquids pipeline integrity.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of corrosion monitoring and mitigation.
- Strong communication and project management skills.
- Ability to draft technical reports and lead client risk-related workshops.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Every day, people’s lives and livelihoods depend on the operation of pipelines, refineries and other infrastructure related to the production of energy.
At Aegion, we are in the business of making sure these structures last. Our companies provide services and solutions to protect, strengthen and maintain them —inside and out — before, during and after their construction.
Aegion companies are leaders and innovators in Corrosion Protection and Energy Services. This includes everything from cathodic protection on pipelines to maintenance at refineries nationwide. Contact Aegion today to learn more about our companies or how to join our team of infrastructure professionals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.