Skills: Engineering Technician, Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Antonio, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Marathon Oil Corporation is an international energy company engaged in exploration and production; oil sands mining; and integrated gas.- Marathon Oil has a major leasehold position in the core of the Eagle Ford Shale formation in South Texas.- The company holds acreage in the Eagle Ford, focusing on Atascosa, DeWitt, Gonzales, and Karnes counties.
Marathon Oil Company is looking for an experiences Regulatory Technician for our San Antonio location as part of our Eagle Ford shale resource play. The successful candidate will be charged with providing regulatory support to assist the Regulatory Compliance Team in complying with federal, state and local regulations.- The Regulatory Technician must be able to effectively interact with agency representatives to ensure the required notices, forms, permits and reports have been properly submitted to achieve regulatory compliance.
- Prepares and submits Texas Railroad Commission (TRRC) forms which may include P-4, P-8, P-17, P-18, W-2, G-10, W-10 and T-1 reports.
- Prepares FAA notification information for submission through the Notice Criteria Tool and tracks submission for required renewals.- Completes follow-up notifications to the Facilities, Drilling and Workover groups regarding permitted sites.- Prepares and submits required notification to FAA and airport managers regarding the status of the structure(s).
- Compiles and tracks regulatory filings including monthly and annual submittals, notice of violations, etc.
- Complies and tracks assigned lease identifications.
- Work closely with regulatory agencies in assigned operating area.
- Orders well signs and works with operations to have them properly placed at al well locations.
- Orders and submits well logs to the TRCC.
- Completed data input for regulatory tracking database and runs necessary reports.
- Monitors status of regulatory submittals and follows up with regulatory agencies to ensure timely submittals and approvals.
- Assists in the development of compliance systems and documents to ensure ongoing communication of compliance issues to Eagle Ford Regulatory Compliance Supervisor and Asset Team
- Understands current regulations and their impact on the Eagle Ford Asset.
- Establish and maintains good working relationships to help ensure Marathon lives its values with key stakeholders, including team members, contract companies, regulatory agencies and members of the public.
- Performs record retention activities for the Regulatory Compliance team.
- Process check requests for payment of regulatory filings.
- Assumes position in on˜all rotations.
- Maintains familiarity with Asset-s emergency response plans and incident command system and fulfills role in the Asset-s incident command structure as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required.
- At least 3 years of Regulatory experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Well versed in the requirements regulated by the TRRC.
- Familiar with the difference in filing horizontal wells and the associated field rules with the Eagle Ford.
- Microsoft Office products, skilled Powerpoint and presentation skills, WellView, Frac Focus and familiarity with manipulating the TRRC online system.
-Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
MARATHON OIL – WHY WORK FOR US?
Deciding where to pursue a career often comes down to intangibles.
Do the employees look forward to coming to work each day -- are they given rewarding opportunities, do they work well together? Are employees empowered to bring their skills and knowledge forward -- is the corporate culture nurturing, are life experiences and diversity valued? What is the attitude toward the broader community -- health, safety and the environment?
Marathon can answer those intangible questions affirmatively in our employee's own words, proving that Marathon is a world class energy company with much more to offer at the end of the day than just high performance stats and market prowess -- though we enjoy those too. If you are starting out in a career, consider the places your experience at Marathon could take you -- without having to leave Marathon. Career growth and job satisfaction is why Marathon places such an emphasis on mentoring -- talented people can build a career here.
If you are an experienced professional who wants to continue your growth to reach full potential, this could be the place for you. The benefits are not intangible, but competitive and attractive -- a dollars and sense reason to contact Marathon.
Marathon Oil Awards & Accolades
- Top 500 Green Companies, Newsweek, 2009
- Barron's 500, Barron's, 2009
- World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune, 2008
- Top 200 of the Global 2000, Forbes, 2008
- The Houston Chronicle 100, The Houston Chronicle, 2008