Sinking Spring, PA, US
Sinking Spring, PA, US
Skills: Geologist, Pipeline Operator, Software Specialist
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Some College
Location: Sinking Spring, PA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (NYSE: SXL) is a master limited partnership that owns and operates a logistics business consisting of a geographically diverse portfolio of complementary crude oil, natural gas liquids, and refined products pipeline, terminalling and acquisition and marketing assets which are used to facilitate the purchase and sale of crude oil, natural gas liquids, and refined products. SXL’s general partner is a consolidated subsidiary of Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE: ETP). Our business is characterized by extensive industry and safety experience, strong financial fundamentals, and operational flexibility. Collectively, a strong asset base and the successful execution of our business strategies have consistently delivered substantial returns to unitholders.
- The GIS Technician will perform tasks associated with maintaining and updating geospatial attributes associated with the Sunoco Logistics pipeline system.
- Primary responsibility providing support to the Asset Integrity department by aligning and updating pipeline data for use in the risk model. Use of alignment tools may be utilized in order to input ILI data and data from other sources.
- The technician will work with Asset Integrity and field personnel to collect, process, correct and input pipeline data.
- Other duties will include correcting the centerline position of the pipeline, valve locations, pipe attributes and other required pipeline information stored in the PODs database.
- Generate alignment sheets, HCA maps and risk assessment data sheets and will attend Risk Assessment meetings at District/Regional offices in order to collect field information that will be integrated into pipeline database.
- ESRI software and Intrepid (pipeline data management application) will be frequently utilized to perform pipeline data edits and analyses as required for assigned projects.
- Conduct research, queries, and create custom data and maps for various internal customers as required.
- B.S. / B.A. or Associates degree with area of concentration in Geography, Computer Science, or Environmental Sciences. Some college considered with higher level of oil/gas pipeline experience.
- A minimum 2-5 years of oil and gas industry experience including extensive experience using ESRI products; ArcGIS 10.1 or higher.
- Candidate must demonstrate a work history with progressive responsibilities and must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Liquid/gas pipeline industry experience. Demonstrated work experience aligning and integrating ILI data into PODs database.
- A working knowledge of pipeline risk models a plus. Experience with ESRI, SQL, PODs, and Intrepid application preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
required_edu: 2 skill_id: 532, 769, 666, 806, 738