Nederland, TX, US
Nederland, TX, US
Skills: Pipeline Operator, Pipeline Services
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Nederland, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P. (NYSE: SXL) is a master limited partnership that owns and operates a logistics business consisting of a geographically diverse portfolio of complementary crude oil, natural gas liquids, and refined products pipeline, terminalling and acquisition and marketing assets which are used to facilitate the purchase and sale of crude oil, natural gas liquids, and refined products. SXL’s general partner is a consolidated subsidiary of Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. (NYSE: ETP). Our business is characterized by extensive industry and safety experience, strong financial fundamentals, and operational flexibility. Collectively, a strong asset base and the successful execution of our business strategies have consistently delivered substantial returns to unitholders.
The Sunoco Logistics Nederland Terminal, located on the Sabine-Neches waterway between Beaumont and Port Arthur, Texas, is a large marine terminal that provides storage and distribution services for refiners and other large transporters of crude oil. The terminal receives, stores, and distributes crude oil, feedstocks, lubricants, petrochemicals, and bunker oils (used for fueling ships and other marine vessels) and also blends lubricants. The terminal currently has a total storage capacity of approximately 22 million barrels with individual tank capacities of up to 660,000 barrels. The Nederland Terminal can receive crude oil and other products via it's ship docks, and barge berths and deliver crude oil and other petroleum products via pipeline, barge, ship, rail, or truck. The marine terminal consist of 70+ crude oil tanks, 80 lube tanks, multiple manifolds, firewater system, 5 ship docks and 2 barge docks.
- Must be proficient in corrosion control and pipeline integrity methods and technologies, have a working knowledge of measurement, electrical and mechanical activities.
- Whether performing or supervising others within an assigned area, specialists are responsible for a variety of tasks involved in analyzing, advance troubleshooting, testing, monitoring, maintaining, installing, repairing, maintenance, etc.
- Expected to respond to call-out situations and may be required to perform additional duties due to operational upsets, construction projects, emergencies or other unusual situations.
- Must perform all duties in a safe manner consistent with Company procedures and policies and is responsible for training.
- Provides assistance to District personnel.
- Have a working knowledge of measurement, mechanical and electrical/electronic activities as it is related to the corrosion control duties.
- Must have the ambition to continue to learn the most modern methods of corrosion control, including attending classes, trainings, seminars, etc.
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Technical knowledge for the application and maintenance of external and internal corrosion control.
- Detailed knowledge of pipeline operations, API and DOT procedures, HES and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to use sound judgment, be a self-starter and well organized.
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC card within the appropriate timeframe.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
required_edu: 1 skill_id: 532, 769, 666, 811, 806, 579, 738