Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Other Skills: Polymers,Plastics,Composites,Rubber
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Netherlands
Specialist in the area of non-metallic materials (composites, epoxies, rubber liners, etc.) in the Oil & Gas Industry (both hydrocarbons and water services) with experience in: - Materials selection of polymers and composites for upstream and downstream assets (typically seals, gaskets, pumps, piping, pipelines, composite repair systems, polymer liners (elastomers, thermoplastics for piping and tanks), hoses, storage tanks, pressure tanks, flexible composite pipe)
- QA/QC Audits of polymer/composite manufacturer plants
- Remaining lifetime estimation in case of materials degradation
- Inspection techniques of polymer and composite materials.
- Failure analysis of polymer and composite components including piping, seals, gaskets and others
Competency to set up failure tree, determine root cause, define and monitor required testing to find root cause, establish links between observations and operating/upset conditions Knowledge of chemical/physical analysis techniques Knowledge of microstructure investigation of polymers and composites Able to reduce complex problems to clear and concise reporting (both verbal and written) in the English language
- Knowledge of degradation mechanisms of polymers and composites
- Preferably experience in the upstream and downstream domain
- Knowledge of downstream (petro) chemical assets/processes and upstream assets/processes is a pre.
- VCA-Full certificate
- Strong HSE awareness
- Willingly to travel to our clients operating units and manufacturing plants (Mainly Europe/Middle East)
Cenergy is a global consulting services firm that offers professional staffing, HSE and Logistics solutions to our clients. We strive to help clients achieve business success through responsive customer service and superior results. Our staffing services include contract, direct hire and project recruiting for the oil and gas industry. Our clients include major operators and oilfield services firms, as well as start-up companies worldwide.
A woman-owned firm, Cenergy has earned a reputation among the industry's top organizations for responsive customer service and superior results.