Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
The Software Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Engineer is responsible for the validation and verification of software products and components. The Engineer executes test plans and reports results for assigned software products to ensure that users can use the products without software failure. Driving the overall user story quality process implementation, the Engineer makes sure the team follows each step and validates the successful completion of each user-story criteria, as well as making sure quality release criteria is maintained.
Successful Engineers are self-motivated with good technical and personal skills and can work under pressure in a fast-paced environment. They have strong scripting and user-level automation skills, and are familiar with test automation frameworks. They can diagnose software failures, track defects, review methods, plan and execute tests, and report results, and they have good knowledge of software engineering practices including: continuous integration, configuration management, build optimization, build automation, and deployment This position reports to the Project Manager
- Works with end users, product analysts, and developers to understand features and technical implementations.
- Complies with our software lifecycle management and product development process.
- Drives architecture with focus on test automation.
- Improves and simplifies QA processes with the developers.
- Designs, implements, documents, and maintains test automation programs for large-scale systems.
- Creates software tools used to perform build verification and regression tests.
- Designs and automates test cases, writes test plans, and develops supporting test tools.
- Conducts regular regression tests on a periodic basis to ensure performance levels of production systems.
- Keeps abreast of key developments in relevant technologies
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering
- Minimum three years’ experience as a test engineer.
- Strong coding skills in one or more OO language, C# preferred.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
HTC is part of the Schlumberger Software Technology organization, responsible for leading the Schlumberger digital technology initiatives. As the oil and gas industry’s leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry’s digital technology transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.