Skills: Engineering Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Marathon Oil Corporation is an international energy company engaged in exploration and production; oil sands mining;-and integrated gas. Marathon Oil has a significant leasehold position in the core of the Williston basin in North Dakota.- The Company holds acreage in Bakken Play, focusing on McKenzie, Mountrail and Dunn counties.--Marathon Oil's Bakken Subsurface team is seeking an experienced Engineering Specialist. The candidate will be expected to work closely with multidisciplinary teams and management in support of a variety of development activities and functions. This position will report to a Subsurface Manager for the Bakken Asset Team and will be located in Houston.
- Compile and manipulate data from a variety of sources to assist with technical analysis (e.g. AFEs, performance analysis, etc)
- Create various reports to understand variances and metrics
- Ability to understand and run basic economics to assist with development planning
- Identify and implement process improvements related to existing workflows
- Maintain various engineering databases through thorough QC and regular updates
- Assist with reserve evaluation and booking efforts
- Building effective networks within Marathon for knowledge of business processes and applications
- Provide application support to technical staff, when necessary
- Minimum HS diploma or GED required. Bachelor-s degree preferred or equivalent experience. Major: Math or Science Focus.
- 5+ years experience supporting multi-disciplinary teams in a technical capacity required. Oil and gas industry preferred, Bakken development experience is a plus.
- Aries, ProCount, IHS / Drilling Info, Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint, Spotfire/Programming proficiency is preferred, Experience with VOLTS, WellView and/or SAP is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, teamwork, analytical skills and strong organization & planning skills.
--Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
MARATHON OIL – WHY WORK FOR US?
Deciding where to pursue a career often comes down to intangibles.
Do the employees look forward to coming to work each day -- are they given rewarding opportunities, do they work well together? Are employees empowered to bring their skills and knowledge forward -- is the corporate culture nurturing, are life experiences and diversity valued? What is the attitude toward the broader community -- health, safety and the environment?
Marathon can answer those intangible questions affirmatively in our employee's own words, proving that Marathon is a world class energy company with much more to offer at the end of the day than just high performance stats and market prowess -- though we enjoy those too. If you are starting out in a career, consider the places your experience at Marathon could take you -- without having to leave Marathon. Career growth and job satisfaction is why Marathon places such an emphasis on mentoring -- talented people can build a career here.
If you are an experienced professional who wants to continue your growth to reach full potential, this could be the place for you. The benefits are not intangible, but competitive and attractive -- a dollars and sense reason to contact Marathon.
Marathon Oil Awards & Accolades
- Top 500 Green Companies, Newsweek, 2009
- Barron's 500, Barron's, 2009
- World’s Most Admired Companies, Fortune, 2008
- Top 200 of the Global 2000, Forbes, 2008
- The Houston Chronicle 100, The Houston Chronicle, 2008