Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Hayden, CO, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Location(s): CO - Hayden
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
Xcel Energy is looking for talented and experienced Mechanic Specialist to join the Xcel Energy team at the Hayden Station in Hayden, Colorado!
Selection criteria will also include an interview and pre-employment written and hands-on testing that will take place at a company training facility (personal tools and equipment are not provided).
The company reserves the right to close this posting at any time.
Perform all mechanical and related tasks at coal fired, steam generating stations. Includes disassemble, inspection, repair and reassembly of all types of turbines, generators, pumps, coal pulverizers, motors, pollution control, heavy equipment, vehicles and other associated shop equipment. Use precision measuring tools, perform alignment tasks and other technical support on mechanical systems. Perform maintenance tasks on all equipment associated with steam generating stations.
- Must have completed a Millwright Apprentice program or documented Mechanical Training.
- Must be able to wear negative air respirator and lift 50 lbs
- Must be able to work in hot or cold environments, work in dusty and noisy environments, perform tasks that involve standing, bending, twisting and lifting for 10 12 hour periods and perform other physical tasks associated with operational and mechanical duties at a coal fired, steam generating stations
Steps in Xcel Energy's hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will calibrate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy-s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
- As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you-re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes:- CO - Hayden