Skills: Fitter / Turner, HVAC, Supply & Distribution
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Denver, CO, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
Here is a great opportunity to join Xcel energy and work on a major gas distribution system in metro Denver, Colorado.-
The ideal candidate will be a journeyman in the industries of gas service or utilization, plumbing, pipe-fitting, commercial construction, HVAC service and repair or industrial construction. This journeyman position will be in the Denver Gas Department.
We have openings that will all be a part of our Gas Emergency Response team.- The primary focus of this position is Emergency Response to the Company's natural gas distribution system - involving damage to natural gas facilities and customer initiated calls related to gas odor complaints, etc.- You will also work with gas meter & regulator installation and maintenance.- You will perform gas and/or electric meter turn-on and shut-off orders, implement the Hazard Tag procedure and take appropriate action to ensure customer safety at all times. You will also perform other duties required in the maintenance and operation of the company's natural gas distribution system.
Required training and instruction will be provided by the Xcel Energy gas department team, such as managers, gas training specialists, gas working foremen and journeymen in the department.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels.
- Work experience in the gas distribution, service/utilization related fields or gas transmission industry, industrial construction, journeyman plumber, pipefitter or HVAC service and repair.
- High school or equivalent education.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and specialized equipment.
- Must be able to operate power tools.
- You will be required to sign a training contract, and complete Learning Guides of the craft
- This job is a bargaining unit position and Union membership is required.
- Pass a DOT physical prior to employment
- Required to test for and acquire the Denver Building Code Gas Journeyman Gas Service Certificate if hired.
- Subject to DOT Random Drug and Alcohol testing.
- This position is on a shift work schedule (weekends and holidays included) and operates as 24/7 responses.
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for a written test and then skills test. If successful then an interview.
- After attending our testing session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates are best qualified and offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
- As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver