Brush, CO, US
Brush, CO, US
Skills: Electrical Technician, Electrician, Refinery Specialist
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Brush, CO, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Location(s): CO - Brush
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
Xcel Energy is looking for talented and experienced Plant Electrician Specialist to join the Xcel Energy team at the Pawnee Station in Brush, Colorado!-- Pawnee has opportunities in a rewarding field, with great benefits. This is a union position. In this position you will read prints, work with high voltage switching 150KV or higher, DCS experience, excitation systems, motor control systems, level control systems, trouble shooting of AC and DC circuits of various voltages. Protective relaying experience and familiarity with NERC/FERC requirements is helpful.
Selection criteria will also include an interview and pre-employment written testing that will take place at a company facility.
The company reserves the right to close this posting at any time.
-Perform installation, maintenance and troubleshooting on all plant electrical systems. This includes power boilers, turbines, generators, transformers, breakers, motors, battery systems, uninterruptible power supplies, variable speed drives, distributive process control systems, programmable logic controllers, relay logic, motor operated valves, damper drives, lighting, heat tracing, telephones, intercoms and various field devices. Motor and breaker equipment up to 7200 volts and substation transformers and breakers with voltages up to 230 KV. Primary duties center around troubleshooting and maintaining existing operational systems. Prior experience in a electric power plant and/or substation equipment/voltages is preferred.
- The successful candidate will have completed a 4-year electrical apprenticeship in power generation plants, substations or other industrial setting and is able to demonstrate general electrical knowledge through testing
- The applicant must be able to work from ladders, bucket trucks, elevated cat walks, as well as working in dusty atmospheres, cold/hot conditions, confined spaces, work on stack lighting at an elevation of 500 foot, use safety personal protective equipment and be able to lift at least 50 lbs occasionally
- The successful candidate will be required to respond to after-hours call outs, work extended hours and will provide a phone number for after-hours contact
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
- All qualified candidates will be sent an online assessment via e-mail. Applicants must successfully pass in order to be further considered.
- Candidates who successfully pass the assessment will be contacted to come in for an information session and interview.
- After attending our information session/interview, our Team Leaders will collaborate to decide which candidates be invited to take the written test to determine the best qualified candidate and an offers will be made.
- Candidates who accept the employment offer will be required to pass Xcel Energy’s background check and drug test. This process can take up to two weeks before clearance is issued.
- After successful passing of the background check and drug test, candidates are ready to start the training class.
- As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Brush